1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Double XP on Sheerluck Hound

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by katmu, May 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katmu

katmu Well-Known Member

Double XP on Sheerluck Hound just started.

2. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great tip. Time to stock up LPs for the next trip.

Not a fan of the new games lately ... they're so childish, really.

3. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the heads up, just did 50 spins at 20,000 and levelled up twice! Still have 800,000 chips to play with, but I will wait until later when I'm not at work :nono:

4. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't like this game.

Used the double XP to get as close to my next level up as possible - now I'm hoarding until the next double LP promo.

5. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First time playing it and I'm not a fan. Betting 8k per spin, takes awhile to get into the bonus. And then when you do, you win 50k-70k chips? Yuck.

And both times I completed the bonus, I got 1x chips at the end...

6. CJ's

CJ's Plumbing the depths of debauchery

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MFkr
    Always does this when ive already blown my wad :grrr: I never learn :eek:

7. mdub

mdub Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is the double xp only on that one game?

8. katmu

katmu Well-Known Member

Yes only on Sheerluck Hound.

Not really my favorite game.

9. swuulumm

swuulumm Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After having tried the game when it came out (until the first search bonus game), I now finished it once until I found / rescued the 'adler' thing (so all five search boni). sorry for the bad description; i did not stop to actually read the story parts...

Overall, the Chips were more or less +- 0; I think I lost 100k in the end.

I leveled up 28 times from 180 to 208.

Perfect double XP for me.

10. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've got 1X 4 times and 5X once. Why not make everyone equal? One of each multiplier. There's tons of places to adjust the math to make this game pay 85% or whatever crappy payback these new games typically are. At least you wouldn't feel like an idiot for playing the whole quest as much. 4 out of 5 1X's is deflating, and likely not just "bad luck".

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  11. Badger31

Badger31 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My initial reaction to this game is that it's not as bad as everybody makes it out to be. That being said...it's definitely a chip guzzler, and the "story" is a little lame. I guess if you're into playing slots, you might enjoy this kind of thing. For me, personally, I like games like Betrock where I can get big wins every once in a while. I probably would never play this game again if not for the double XP, but it's not THAT bad.

The one thing that makes NO sense to me is payouts for the bonus/hidden object games. One time I run out of time and only find 5/6...103K bonus. Another time I find all 6/6 in 12 seconds...38K.

12. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This game just ate 270k of my chips – alternating between 2,000 per spin and 800 per spin – in about an hour. I only leveled up once. It's supposedly a "High Roller" game but never did I hit any type of jackpot comparable to the other "High Roller" games. I think my biggest single win was like 17,500, and I got the 1X multiplier each of the two times I completed the quest. This game reminds me too much of Around the World in 80 Spins. It just has way too many dry spells of no or minimal returns to make it fun.

13. odp

odp Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't actually read any of the dialogue in the game and whatever for the clues, but is there any rhyme or reason to the location of the bonus at the end or is it just random?

14. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the new game for the simple fact that it's one you can let spin and don't have to baby sit much. The bonus rounds come infrequently enough that you can auto spin a lot before it needs your attention.

I had around 180,000 chips yesterday and leveled up twice at 4K spins before I finally went bankrupt again.

15. Tree DA

Tree DA High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I prefer to bet 1000 per spin to maximize earning LPs along the way. I don't see the advantage to betting at a much less efficient level (as the Sherluck game forces you to do) just to double up on XPs. I get that you will get the LPs for leveling up a little faster but I think I can earn more LPs by betting at the efficient level.

Other than the leveling up awards what's the advantage to leveling up? Aren't challenges more difficult to complete at the higher levels?

16. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Playing 20K a spin I've leveled up close to 10 times for this. Will play some more when I get home to gain a few more.

17. soled905

soled905 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My guess is that time management is the biggest advantage for those that play more per spin.

Some people either have less time to play at the 1000 a spin rate, or just don't have the interest in the games themselves to do spend. So, I think you're right that your way is a much more efficient to get more LPs per spin, but it is a much less efficient use of time out of your life. I guess it depends on what you might value at this point in your life.

18. soled905

soled905 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've taken a pretty big hit on coins these last 3 double xps/lps. Hoarding coins between these events, I was up to about 2.3 mil chips. I'm now down to about 17,000. I think I've gone up about 30+ levels in the last 3 doubles, but only up 2 levels the last time before this.

Yesterday and this morning I started at 578k chips and went up 11 levels.

Chip hoarding would work a lot better for me if I didn't have a July trip coming up.

19. Tree DA

Tree DA High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Perhaps. I would need a much larger chip stack to play more than a few hands at higher levels or perhaps I would. If I could earn my 2k LPs per day and do it faster and still keep my chip stack I need to do it again the next day, I certainly would. How does one accumulate a million or more red chips? By betting higher amounts per spin and hoping for the best before going broke?

20. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am currently at about 1.1 million red chips. I hoarded for a week or so and got up to 350k. Then I played 15k a spin on the panda game, which I still believe is the highest paying (you get bonus rounds A LOT, and all seem to pay well). I won 735k in one crab bonus round and have been between 400k and 1.3 million red chips ever since.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.