1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Double Booking Car Rentals

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by AndyAkeko, Nov 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndyAkeko

AndyAkeko Time magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Jan 10, 2003
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked cars last weekend through Advantage and E-Z, with the intention of following through Advantage since I had booked with them before with no troubles. Well, this time there were troubles ... namely a non-moving line. After ten minutes and still with the original customer, I went over to the E-Z desk which had no line. No hard sells, friendly staff, and received a car with 45 miles on it.

So from now on, if I can't get a name-brand rental agency with a self-serve kiosk, I'm double booking so I don't spend a half-hour in line. E-Z was great to me, but so was Advantage last time.

(And seriously Advantage, what's the point of filling in the A-Pass advance booking information which "will get you on your vacation faster" if you're not going to staff the A-Pass line? Really? At 5:30 p.m. on a Friday?)

And yes, I realize the easier solution is to book through a name brand agency, but the cheapest going was $178 for five nights economy, and I got E-Z for $96 midsize. A larger car for $18/day less? I'll risk the lineup.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.