1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Don't Tell Mama (piano bar downtown)

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by ardee, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ardee

ardee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have any of you fine folks visited the piano bar Don't Tell Mama
    on Freemont St., of late?

I've heard great things about it but would love to hear some thoughts
    on the place if you've been there. :beer:

2. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sure have! It's a smallish place, with standard beer and alcohol selection and prices. The draw is the entertainment. It's not your typical piano bar. There is only one piano. They play a wide variety of music. Their are a couple bartenders there that put on amazing performances during their shift - Dre Whitt is my favorite, she has an incredible voice and a solid stage presence. Patrons can also sing, if they like, but usually those that do are also pretty talented. It's not your average drunken karaoke crowd.

The performers accept tips, and they will bring the tip jar around if there are many people and there is little tipping going on. I have no problem offering a small toke for the great performances I've seen, so I usually tip at the stage and hope that others will follow.

Here's a full writeup, including video of Dre's performance: http://lasvegasoffstrip.com/?p=103

3. ardee

ardee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, atom.

It's just what I'm looking for so I appreciate your insight.

Looking forward to hitting this place up in March.

4. Kcitsme

Kcitsme Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks atom for the information and link. I will check this out when I go in April. I love these boards. I learn new things all the time.

5. dmbrat

dmbrat Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love this place. I've been twice and was impressed both times. It's super chill and I got the feeling it was actually mostly locals (I think I went on two Saturday nights since I don't usually visit during the week). The piano players are not always willing to play requests though. My friend likes to karaoke "Ice Ice Baby" and the first time the piano player was totally into it. The second time, the piano player refused to play it! But it was totally fine. I think if you stick to standards there would be no issue.

6. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the piano player from Talk Tails plays there once a week.

Super Bowl Weekend for a Bachelor Party!
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.