1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Don't Stop Believing

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by bullhead, Jun 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bullhead

bullhead Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Trip - June 14th - June 18th

Drove from Erie, PA to Cleveland. Took Southwest non-stop to Vegas. No Problems. Had luggage within 15 minutes of landing. Cab line took about 10 minutes.
    Check-in at Bally's

Painful - Very long lines. It took over 30 minutes. When I was waited on, it took less than two minutes. The room was very nice. It was quiet when I was tired.
    Shows

My wife and I saw 2 shows. Human Nature was fabulous. This was our second time seeing them. We had 2nd row seats at the Hilton for "Don't Stop Believing" - ( a wonderful Journey cover band.)

Sights -
    We walked over to Aria and City Center. Very big buildings. They should have more signs directing people. We walked into Trop[icana for our first time. It looks very cleasn and friendly.

2. bullhead

bullhead Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Continue

Eating
    Best meal - Ribs and chicken at Ellis Island.
    Had a dinner buffet at Harrah's - nice.
    Lunch at Harrah's Cafe - Reasonable price - good food.
    Dinner at Paradise Cafe in the Hilton. - Service was slow, but the portions were huge and tasty.(especially the salads)

Gambling - Slots
    Best hit $230 at Planet Hollywood
    Biggest bust - Aria - took $80 with no real enjoyment. -However, I did see a woman hit for $10,000 on a dollar slot at Aria. She had 2 (10 times pay) with a red seven.

Drink service
    Good everywhere except Aria and Bellagio.
    At Mermaids downtown the drinks flow like the water in Niagara Falls.

Pool

The pool at Bally's is very accessible. You can get a chair close to the water with no hassle. I hated the hassle at the Flamingo pool.

3. LushLife

LushLife Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sounds like a blast, I'd like to see the Journey cover band, too bad it was just one date.

So the BBQ is good at ellis island? I always go for the steak dinner, but I'll have to try the BBQ next time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.