1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Dollar - Swenson VS McCarran Pickup

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by DeadManHand, Mar 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeadManHand

DeadManHand Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Crazy difference between the two, thought I would share. Renting April 24th to 29th so looking at a weekly rate.

McCarran pick up and return for a mid size for those dates is $315.72 for the car and $134.13 taxes/fees making the total cost a ridiculous $449.85 .

So for the heck of it I change the reservation to pick up the car at the Swenson location but return it to the airport rental center. The prices now were $87.19 for the car and $38.58 taxes/fees making the total cost $125.77!

I have never picked up at the Swenson location before but there's always a first time for everything. Hello Uber! The location is only open 8 to 5 everyday, not a problem for me but could be an issue others may have to work around.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The "airport fees" can be insane. Happens in most airports. Taxation of visitors.

One of many reasons we gave up. Taxis and walking are so much easier these days. We have done a 1-2 day rental if there was somewhere we wanted to go and needed a car. In town bookings are sometimes more per day, but way less in taxes/fees.

3. marcianofan

marcianofan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just looked into the same thing from enterprise for May 11-17 for a week also, midsize also with p/u and return to mccaron. It was $339 total with $139 in taxes. But if I pick up and drop off at the paradise location (my daughter goes to unlv so I have a ride), its $159 total with $39 in taxes. Crazy difference!!! Enterprise charges 30 buck drop off fee it I leave it at the airport, so I'm wondering if dollar charges this or Is that already included in your total?? Tips for posting this

4. DeadManHand

DeadManHand Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The $125 was inclusive of all fees. There was no extra fee to return at the airport location, probably since Swenson is only open 8 to 5.

5. bruceb

bruceb Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On my upcoming rental (4 days and 2 hrs), Dollar is charging $10 for the airport drop-off (one way fee).
    Here is the breakdown:
    Currency: U.S. DOLLAR
    Rate Code: RWUD3
    Your Rate: 4 Days at $17.10 per day. Unlimited mileage. 2 Extra Hours at $2.91 per hour.
    Base Rate: $74.22

Charges:
    One Way: $10.00
    Rental Tax: $10.11
    State Tax: $6.86
    Vehicle License Fee: $7.50

Estimated Grand Total: $108.69

20th anniversay trip
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.