1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Dollar Rental Specials

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by mwig, Apr 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mwig

mwig High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just an FYI. I booked a trip for the weekend of the Mayweather fight without realizing it. The car rental rated were by far the highest I had seen. I was just able to save $70 off my previous best find with a Dollar city special that is out there this morning. $92.50 for a weekly rate (before taxes) on a mid size.

This brings the rental into the range that I normally pay although I prefer other companies.

2. azlefty

azlefty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if you haven't already, sign up for Dollar Express / Thrifty BlueChip and rebook using your account, or call to have your reservation attached to your account. You put all of your credit card and DL info into the system beforehand. It will save you an hour of waiting in line, maybe more on a busy weekend. Even though they have your CC# they still won't charge you if you don't take the car (as long as you don't book a prepaid). I don't know why everyone doesn't do this, but many people don't, even a lot of otherwise savvy travelers I know.

3. gguerra

gguerra Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes I will re-iterate the Dollar Express tip. I recently rented with them without this and waited for an 1.5 hours and it was after midnight. There were many frustrated people in line including myself. I only stuck with them because of the price. The attendants did not seem to care either about speeding the process up one bit.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.