1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Dollar rental question

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by codingkw, Feb 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. codingkw

codingkw Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have two reservations..one at enterprise, one at dollar. We have a convertable booked at both. We really want the mustang that enterprise offers and not the chrysler that dollar offers. Dollar is $50 dollars cheaper but I'm not worried about that. I have a credit card but its only a $500 limit credit card that I basically use to rent cars.

I have horrible luck when it comes to rental cars. Last year when I tried to rent from Thrifty they put in the wrong address and my card got rejected and they would not run the card again with the right address. Ended up renting from firefly as they honored the price I had booked with Thrifty. I also had a problem with fox rental when they changed their policy and charged a large deposit.

So now I double, triple check the policy and really like the idea of having a backup reservation. I have the blue chip from dollar rental. If I go with enterprise and choose not to use the rental with dollar will I still get charged? I know enterprise will not because they don't have my credit card info. So if I go with dollar first, I'm ok, but thats not really the car I want. I really want to use enterprise, but I have never rented from them in vegas only have used them when I have had a car accident that wasn't my fault. (insurance claim) I am nervous about cancelling dollar and only having one rental car available or not cancelling dollar and they charge me.

So major question is if I dont cancel them until the day I arrive, will they charge me?

Time to get married and have fun
  2. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What do the terms of the rental say?

I would be wary if my CC is on file about ditching a reservation.

Another thing you may want to be concerned about is since you limit is low, what if dollar puts a hold on your cc the day of the rental? Something to think about.

Know it is not a clear cut answer.

Downtown - Wanker Returns after baby!
    Wanker Returns After Baby
  3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should be able to access the terms and conditions of your Dollar reservation to find out for sure. I haven't rented a car in a couple of years, but in general, most rental companies don't charge you for cancelling run-of-the-mill reservations at the last minute or even for no-shows.

4. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I dumped a firefly rental this last trip and a enterprise rental in phi before... Never once heard a thing about it. Again though no cc on file

Downtown - Wanker Returns after baby!
    Wanker Returns After Baby
  5. Champster1

Champster1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dollar will hold $400.00 on our card. Won't lock it in until the day of the flight (if you have reserved through Dollar express).

March Madness...here I come !!
  6. codingkw

codingkw Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    See this is what I am afraid of. I have it booked with express and I don't want them to put a hold on till I actualy get the car. And of course the prices have gone sky high since I booked.

Time to get married and have fun
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.