1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Dollar car rental at TI

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by SarahinNC, Jul 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SarahinNC

SarahinNC Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're renting a car one-way from the airport to TI. We'll be staying at Mirage, but Avis is crazy expensive, so we've gone with Dollar. How do I go about returning the car at TI? Do I go to the garage, the valet area, or another area?

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been about 5 years since I did the same thing, but at that time, Dollar had parking spaces on the 3rd floor of the garage.

If you're driving north on the strip, just as you pass TI, you'd go left onto Spring Mtn Rd, up to the first (I think) stop light, then left onto Mel Torme Dr which leads into the TI parking area.

If you took I-15 from the Airport, you'd take the Spring Mtn Rd exit and then a right onto Mel Torme Dr.

I think you could probably also just valet and tell the guy to park in a Dollar space, but then you wouldn't know which one he used until he came back (I think they're numbered).

If I remember, even though parking's free, there's a manned booth as you go in, so the guy there should be able to tell you where the Dollar spots are.

At that time, the Dollar desk was at the hotel end of the bridge from the garage to the hotel.

If I was staying at Mirage, I'd do the same thing - Avis's prices are ridiculous.

3. StreetKore

StreetKore Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Use the TI self park, 3rd? floor along the North wall, Dollar return spots are numbered, note your space and mileage. Key return is in the walkway, right across from the tram station to Mirage.

If you haven't already, sign up for Dollar Express membership on their website. It's free and allows you to bypass the rental counter and go straight to the garage to pick up your car. So fast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.