1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Dollar and Alamo price drop

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by sura83, Jun 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sura83

sura83 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just modified our existing reservation in September with Dollar. Went from a mid-size to a premium and saved $30. I also made a reservation with Alamo for the same time, as their rate for a premium is now in line with what Dollar is charging (actually about $20 cheaper when using the ACG coupon). I fully intend to keep re-booking if the rate goes down. I can play their silly little game. :rolleyes2:

2. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked Dollar for 9 days for a mid size for $200 with tax and fees. It was $300 for a compact 3 weeks ago. Today it's $200 for a midsize.

3. miniwhale

miniwhale Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got 4 days in November for $89 ($12/day plus $41 fees) Thanks for the heads up!!

4. MGinCO

MGinCO Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have 3 day/nights with Dollar (July 5-8) midsize for $67 TOTAL.

5. mjamesp

mjamesp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the thread, it got me to take another approach to my reservation in August. Original reservation was 8/9 @ 11:30pm - 8/13 @ 11:30pm. Scheduled arrival is 11:13. It's very doubtful that Spirit will be on time and I'll be to the rental center before 12:30am. I changed the reservation with Dollar to 12:30am on the 10th and was able to check for the city specials. Daily rate changed to $12.00 and I'm saving $70 for the 4 days.

6. RedRock702

RedRock702 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For Alamo you can also use Coupon Code: AF4469SDU for a free day. I believe it has a 5 day min and a Saturday night stay required.

7. mescalita

mescalita High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got done playing the silly Dollar game - they automatically charged a weekly rate for my 6 day rental. Originally had the city special for $184 total, which wasn't too bad. Just saved $50 by making two separate 3 day rentals. Guess I'll be checking out the Silverton this trip so I can zip over to the rental center and change cars....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.