1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Does the minibar/fridge count for F&B or not?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by BnV226, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BnV226

BnV226 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all,
    I recently stayed at MB on a comp. My offer was for 3 nights, 200 FP, and 300 "resort credit" (wording of offer).
    I only stayed one night and am not a fancy diner so $300 was going to be hard to kill on food and beverage.
    When I inquired about using the minibar and fridge drinks (same thing?) counting toward the F&B credit, I was told by two separate front desk agents (one by phone, one in person) that it did NOT count, along with tips and retail (those I knew).
    However, being the rebel I am, I took a $5 bottle of water, and surprise, it never charged.
    I didn't want to risk taking anything else for fear it may charge later. Well, I checked out and it never charged (I never saw a charge and the tips just posted to my cc).

So my question is, was I lied to :cry:or did I just score a free bottle of water:evillaugh?

Thanks in advance,
    BnV:peace:

2. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it depends on your offer and where you are staying. My and my BF both stayed at Bellagio last September on our own offers. I had a $1,000 food comp - which there was no way we were going to spend - so we we stopped at the Concierge desk to ask and they checked and told us that the mini-bar is not always included in a food comp - and they would check for us specifically - and told us that we could include mini-bar charges in our food comps.

So, we both CLEANED out the mini-bars in each of our rooms before we left. We never got charged.

3. BnV226

BnV226 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting,
    thing is, I did ask one front desk clerk as he was looking at my account. I'm over it...just curious if I could've taken a little bit more :)

Thanks for your reply,
    BnV

4. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never heard of f&b comp that didn't include the mini fridge. But I guess it could exist.

5. Dege6

Dege6 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you take home the silverware from room service too? :rolleyes2:

6. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn, I wish I had thought of that!

Actually, I was joking. I mean, we couldn't fit the whole mini-bar in our luggage.

7. luvzmuzik

luvzmuzik Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my experience with Bellagio, the mini-bar and fridge are always included in the RFB or RFL. The only things not included are the non-food items such as the camera or the Ethernet cords, etc.

8. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yup. I have always had any food or beverage from the room covered, but have always been told that "retail items" (MB has a "love kit", MGM has a "cords and connects for gadgets" thing) will not be covered with comps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.