1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Does room for "minimum stay requirement" have to be in your name?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by 16gauge, Nov 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 16gauge

16gauge Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now that most of the rewards are requiring a "minimum stay requirement" at an MGM property, my question is does the room have to be booked in the name of the person trying to use the reward. My wife and I will be in Vegas next month. Most of our trip will be off-strip and downtown, but we have one night booked (via MyVegas reward) at an MGM property. The room is booked in my name. Can she redeem a myVegas reward in her name that requires the one night minimum stay without the room being booked in her name? Also, can the reward be used prior to checking into the room for the night? - We check out of our other hotel on Monday AM, would like to use the MyVegas $50 MC food credit reward for lunch before we check into our room at the Mirage.

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The person redeeming for the reward has to have their name on a room at an MGM property. Just add her name to the room when you check in and you're set.

As for using it before checking in, we haven't had reports of people being able to or not. You could go to the players club desk to see if they will allow it (and let us know how they response) or just go ahead and try to check in to the hotel early.

3. TXactuarial

TXactuarial Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can confirm that if you do not add your wife's name to the room upon check-in, you will run into issues. My wife tried to use the $50 free play reward, but the MLife desk refused since her name was not on the reservation. Even with me standing right next to her, and us sharing the same last name, no dice. I finally spoke to the assistant security supervisor, and after about 20 minutes of discussion we were finally granted the reward.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.