1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Does platinum get you a room upgrade at CET ?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Bernie2, Jun 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bernie2

Bernie2 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It used to be if you were platinum there was no resort fee but times have changed. So does platinum get you a room upgrade and the express check in ? Thanks

2. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think most CET properties in Vegas have a Platinum check in line at the front desk. You may be able to get an upgrade with a $20 trick. 7 Stars can be upgraded to best available at check in. Diamond and 7 Stars usually have a separate check in room.
    Having said that......there is no down side in asking.

3. jammer23

jammer23 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. I assume most if not all CET properties have the express check-in line. For sure, Bally's, Flamingo and Casesars have it.

2. No room upgrade. But you can ask or $20 trick may get you an upgrade.

3. Resort fee started last November. $25 + tax = $28.

4. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We get a special line but no automatic upgrades.

5. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whenever we stayed at Harrah's or Flamingo the front desk clerk always presented us with a price list of upgrade options ranging from $5 per night to $25 per night that we could choose from.

6. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My experience was it depends. Once I got moved from Forum to Palace Tower at CP. There are a few other times I got what would be considered a Diamond room, meaning a higher floor and a coffee maker. I never ask for upgrades and that was just what I ended up with. The higher floor rooms were clerks discretion two of the three times it happened.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even being a Diamond does not always get you an upgrade. Offers, comps, upgrades are usually tied to play, and not your level.

8. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I was at PH a couple of weeks ago, I saw that they charged my friend $32 + change for the resort fee including tax.

9. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been Platinum with CET since 2013 and always stay at Planet Hollywood. We have been staying there since the Aladdin days and would always get the standard Hollywood Hip room. Since the upgrade to Platinum we have been given the Resort Room with a little extra room with two windows and double vanities in the bathroom. I don't know if that room type is loaded as a preference or I'm just that likable. This last May at check-in they said they only had that room type on the 8th floor with no view and I said no problem but as he was typing away we were just BS-ing and he found a room on the 23rd floor with a view of the fountains. I'm not sure if being Platinum helps but I can't complain with the results I had on the last 7 or 8 trips.

Mark

10. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a $29+tax resort fee, implying they are as good as upper level mgm hotels. Laughable.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.