1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Does Aria charge you a resort fee?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by crd, Aug 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crd

crd Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ...... On a MyVegas reward?

Thinking about splashing out 264,000 LP's on two nights and just curious?
    Luxor never charged me a few months ago.
    Thanks.

2. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes they do

3. aashleyjc

aashleyjc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I reserved an Aria MyVegas room last month, I was specifically told that the comp covered room, resort fee and all taxes.

4. crd

crd Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmm a very mixed couple of replies lol.
    Thanks.

5. cstutor89

cstutor89 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All resorts are supposed to charge resort fees and taxes now for rooms. This has been enacted for months now, since May. Unless they decide that they will waive the fees, you have to pay them.

The description for all of Aria's rooms says you have to pay the $28 resort fee (includes tax).

6. crd

crd Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought it actually said ''resort fee and taxes will be added to your account'' whatever that means?

7. AllieWhitt

AllieWhitt Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria MyVegas Comp

I just redeemed this offer on 8/3 for an upcoming trip in October, and was told the resort fee was included. I will be prepared for it just in case.

AllieWhitt

8. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats pretty much how it always is, even in the threads "does _______ hotel charge resort fee on comped room?" you will get about half the people saying yes and half the people saying no.

9. cstutor89

cstutor89 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's exactly what I said. You are making it harder than it is. They charge everything to the room -- resort fees, room fees, and your room charge purchases (i.e. restaurants) all to the room first and then at the end of your stay transfer all of that bill to your credit card.

Seeing that the trip is in October, I'm assuming myVegas reps told you that it was included. The truth is sometimes reps don't know what they are talking about. I purchased "O" tickets back in June and the rep asked about whether I wanted the 7 or 10 show. I told them that the reward is only valid for 10 p.m. shows and he checked and said yeah that was true.

Setting the date of the room has nothing to do with waiving the resort fee. It's at the hotel's discretion when you physically redeem the room whether they waive it or not. And if they decide to not waive it, you can always ask to waive it. I agree though with being prepared to pay for it, just in case they say no.

I agree with that statement however that question though invites open-ended answers. The truth is specific examples are not going to answer this question because they are case-specific. Every person is different, every hotel has a different policy, and every rep is different in how their attitude is at that time, how ambitious they are in helping you out, and etc. The true answer is not Yes or No, the true answer is it depends and ask if needed.

As far as myVegas rewards, a lot of these questions are simplistic that the answer is literally something that can be read on the game. My answer was based on what the T&C says not what anyone else says. So I'd be expecting to pay that resort fee if anything and if you really want to waive it, ask for it if they don't waive it automatically. "Hope for the best, but expect the worst".

10. griz

griz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you read the T&C's, only Exalibur and Luxor state that Resort Fees (and tax) are extra. The other hotels don't mention it. So whatever that means.

11. cstutor89

cstutor89 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a matter fact I have read the T&C for EVERY Reward, MANY times. And every time I read it for all resort rooms, they say the following: "A Daily Resort Fee of $____ (with/without tax), which includes select resort amenities, will be added to your room account" which means you have to pay the resort fee. So no that's not true that it only applies to Excalibur and Luxor.

12. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I bought MGM Grand and Mirage today. They both say this, so I am prepared to pay it. I may bitch about it first and maybe I could luckily get it waived, but I'm definitely not expecting it.

13. griz

griz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My bad. I was reading the first page of conditions. Silly that only Excalibur and Luxor list it on the first page.

14. Sdebruyne

Sdebruyne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Reserved at Monte Carlo about 3 weeks ago and used it last week. Resort fee was included in the comp. Total cost = $0 :thumbsup:

15. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Called to book my rooms tonight. Lady for MGM reminded me about the resort fee. Guy for Mirage didn't. Sounds about right. Every hotel I have looked at said the resort fee was there on the T&C page. Some people obviously have lucked out or played their way into getting it waived. Bitching about it possibly may help your cause, particularly if you play a lot where you stay (likely wishful thinking for fleas like my g/f and I). :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.