1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Does anyone own a Samsung Galaxy S5 or know anyone who owns one?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by SoCalMon, May 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoCalMon

SoCalMon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been trying to find out about it for a while to see if there are any glitches, how the taking pictures are and video, if it is fast, how the heart rate feature is, etc. I do not know anyone who has a Samsung Galaxy S5 yet and all I see with people who do have Samsung is a S4. I have an iphone 4 and I need a new phone. I have been wondering for a while how the S5 is if I should get it, go with the S4 if pictures and everything is better, wait until the Iphone 6 or Note 4 come out to decide, etc.

2. MikeOPensacola

MikeOPensacola VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a friend who has one, and they like it, with the exception that it is somewhat large. I have a sweet HTC but I'm looking to upgrade to an iPhone 6 if the screen area is a little larger than the current iPhones.

Annual Summer Bliss in the Land of Milk and Honey!!!
  3. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have one (which should be obvious from my tapatalk sig). I love the S5. Plenty of processor, great screen, good battery life, plus it is water resistant and has a removable battery. Camera is very nice... and I'm picky that way. Heart rate works if you feel like checking your heart rate.

4. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty much the best phones are the S5, LG G2 (with G3 available in a few months), Note 3, and HTC. The Sony is supposed to be good, too but it's not on Verizon.

The iPhone 6 is rumored to be out in August or September. Fact of life is that better phones are constantly on the horizon. My contract on Verizon expires on May 31st so I can get a new phone whenever I want. If you think the S5 is too big, the Note is even bigger. My fading vision as I age makes me want a bigger screen. It's a hard choice because all the top tier phones are very good. I don't think you can go wrong. If I had to buy a phone today, I'd get the LG G2 for free rather than spend $200 on the S5. I'm going to see when the LG G3 will be available and its price before I decided what to get.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope folks here help you out. But to be honest, there are tons of sites that do phone comparisons out there. In depth.

6. jpw711

jpw711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have one, went from a Droid Razr to this. Picked it up at Sams Club last friday for $99. Camera seems quick, phone seems fast. I like it.

Holiday Gift Shoppe
  7. weluvvegas

weluvvegas Vegas Slot Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have an S4 and I love it so much more than the iphone. When my upgrade comes available, I'm definitely getting the S5. Go for it!

40th Birthday Bash!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.