1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Does anyone know about the CET Electronics Gift Card offer?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by CindyS, Jan 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CindyS

CindyS Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The offer says $300 electronics gift card to be used at shopping event. They show pics of 50" TV, a LG Smart Watch and a 3D Printer. Do you get one of those or do you use the $300 card towards the purchase? If you have to pay something, how do you know how much the items cost? Do you also pay sales tax and or shipping fees?

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do not have that offer, so I can not review the fine print.

I am sure the $300 is towards items. (you can not get a 3D printer for $300). Usually you can make up the difference in RCs, sometimes cash. (at least in the past). If you got $300, you can figure you can buy stuff that would cost a bit under $200 at Walmart - as a rough price comparison.

No tax or shipping - usually.

3. mrstealth

mrstealth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The reason they show 50" TV, 3dPrinter, etc, is that same offer is used for multiple levels of people - your card value is $300, but the card value others receive will be based on their play level. 7 Stars for instance usually get a $500-$1000 card. Everyone attends the same shopping event, but some will have higher credit and some will have lower (I think $25 or $50 is the lowest).

I've never had to pay shipping/handling/taxes on any item, you simply go to the event, choose the item you want and they will ship it to you in 1 - 2 weeks. You will be asked to sign a receipt and they will confirm your address.

4. HairyDawg

HairyDawg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I received this offer, $600 to spend. Have no idea what the options are. My host said it is like a much smaller great gift wrap up, but didn't have any details on what the options were. Would love to have more detail on what I could actually spend the $600 on. Otherwise some free play or other offer may be more enticing.

5. Slotness

Slotness Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know any of the details but had similar questions.

I was offered $400 for Electronics Gift Card but Vegas host (not my regular host in AC) said I can only use one offer (???) and I'm taking the freeplay offer instead. Kinda sucks since these two offers coincide with a very infrequent trip to Vegas. Maybe I'm being a bit greedy since they are flying me out thanks to DAL II.

6. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am guessing on multiple gift offers over the years. That $400 is equal to what you could get for $200 at Walmart, Amazon, etc. Just an FYI.

7. HairyDawg

HairyDawg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly. But since I get rooms comped up front and food taken care of (either on back end or via RCs) then offers that give me something I don't already get are of more relative value. I don't get too crazy on my spend so free play, gift cards, or other goodies that lead me to $$ from free play or something tangible for me are typically what I go for.

This one just smells kind of fishy. Feel like I will end up with a lot of 2nd tier electronic options of stuff I don't really need or want, or that I can't easily sell. ☺️

Would love $600 free play but that offer isn't available the weekend I am in LV.

8. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will probably find something, but surely not an offer to make a trip for, or use instead of something else like FP or Concert. We used to jump on some of these things, and then realized we spent way more gambling, etc than the freebie was worth. Especially if we "settled" on something we really did not care for.

(I have a brand new GPS device in my drawer. Works almost as good as my Iphone - LOL)

9. luckylinda

luckylinda Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET is one offer per trip normally

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.