1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Do you see fares to LAS going up in 2015 ?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Bernie2, Sep 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bernie2

Bernie2 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will fares go up to LAS, I'm thinking so either the fares go up or less sales and/or more or higher fees ( baggage, boarding early or front row seats). A number of carriers did quite/very well this year (2014).So I'm guessing that they would want to continue that. This seems to me to be a given. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

2. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Honestly, I was looking recently at flights for late 2014 and early 2015, and I've seen some of the lowest fares I can remember in the last couple years. My last few trips, the flight from New York has been at least $400, and often around $500 (the current trip was $520). But my November trip was only $330, and I was looking at some weekends in January/February 2015 that were even less than that. I generally only fly AA unless I absolutely can't avoid it, so your mileage may very depending on your preferred airline, but I'm actually pretty optimistic about the year ahead.

3. Bernie2

Bernie2 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When you say NY is it EWR, JFK, BUF or elsewhere ? Do you think the carriers might start upping fares, etc in the spring and keep things the way they are now ?

4. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, I meant New York City. There's actually a separate IATA code, "NYC", which includes LGA, JFK, and EWR, and since each is more or less as easy to reach from where I live (although LGA is the easiest, JFK is a bit annoying, and EWR is a bit more annoying), I always just search by that.

As to raising fares, it's always possible, I'm just agnostic on whether or not it'll actually happen (there are so, so many external variables), so I'm choosing to remain optimistic.

5. runningonthehub

runningonthehub Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do I see fares to LAS going up in 2015? Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you see fare that you like, you should book it. If you are flying Southwest, you can rebook at no cost if the price drops.
    It is a sellers market. If you don't fly, many others will.
    It IS a given that fares will continue to rise.

6. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fortunately, Delta came into Seattle so I don't expect a huge increase in airfare between Seattle and Vegas.

7. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think there has been a 1-5% increase this year on normal fares that I've been watching. Fare sale prices aren't up a whole lot though. then again, Knoxville has some of the highest domestic prices in the country.

As for 2015, I'd expect about the same 1-5% increase.

8. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was looking at flights in March about a 2 months ago, and for Allegent it was about $450 round trip. I looked again last week, and they had dropped to about $250. So, here's to hoping they drop even more after I win big next month.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.