1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Do you have confidence in alaska airlines?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by makikiboy, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Oct 5, 2007
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Would you have confidence in your airplane if you saw this through your cockpit window. :eek:

Here is a write up on the incident

and a brief synopsis of the article.

While aboard an Alaska Airlines flight leaving Burbank, Calif. bound for Seattle, Wash., a passenger looked out a window to see a handwritten message scrawled on what appeared to be a damaged area of the plane's wing.

"We know about this," the note said. Below the message, an arrow pointed down to a portion of the wing that appeared to be missing.

The passenger took a picture and uploaded it to social news website Reddit under the name Boeing247.

"The maintenance team for this Alaska Airlines 737 sure knows how to instill passenger confidence," Boeing247 said. "The method of communication here shows a unique level of professionalism."
  2. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Mar 7, 2011
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll almost guarantee that is photoshopped.
  3. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Oct 14, 2011
    Gwynedd Valley, PA
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree that looks completely phony.

But regardless, I really don't have confidence in any of the domestic airlines any more - they pretty much all suck.:cuss:
  4. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Jan 8, 2009
    Burnaby, BC
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    At first look I thought it was photoshopped as well, but in the article it says "Alaska Airlines spokeswoman Bobbie Egan said that the photo showed a permanent approved trim repair to the corner flap of the right wing, and that the plane was absolutely safe to fly."

So if they have a PR person commenting on it then its likely real.

That said, I like flying Alaska Airlines. The service is pretty good overall, but the big plus is: if on the day of your flight they still have first class seats available they sell them on a first come first served basis for only $50. Whenever we are flying Alaska Air we always get to the airport a little extra early and have gotten the first class upgrade every time... well worth it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.