1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Do you get excited as soon as you secure ANY part of your reservation?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by bdautch, May 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bdautch

bdautch High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be going to Vegas in December. But as soon as I knew the exact weekend I'd be going, I logged into CET and got myself a comped room.

As a result, I am literally excited about the trip already...even though it's SEVEN months away. On Monday morning, I'll log into my SWA account and use some of those 70,000 Rapid Rewards credits to lock down a free flight.

And by that point, I'll be so excited I'll feel like it's around the corner...when in fact the trip is around several corners, to say the least.

Do any of you have the same experience?

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes I do... and I'm there monthly and mostly for business, but ALWAYS get excited when I lock in the room reservation, fight reservation and rental car. I've been doing it for 20 years and honestly am just as excited for every visit!

3. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heck yes!! Always excited even when we start planning our trip as soon as we return home from LV. We are also going in December (actually for NYE) but when I checked....SWA hadn't opened up that far out. Maybe I need to see if we can get out flights out of the way since our free rooms are secured thanks to CET!!! Love summer & do not want to wish away all that wonderful weather or the holidays....but....I'm really ready to go now!!!

Heck...just checked SWA...only open for ressies thru October.

4. npom

npom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I too get excited as soon as I make that reservation. We go again in August and I can't wait. I hate to tell you this but its to early to book December on SWA.

5. bdautch

bdautch High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right, but Monday is the day they open up through early January...hence my statement about Monday morning.

6. flyguyfl

flyguyfl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, regardless of it is Vegas or another gambling location.

7. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great to know....I will make our Monday morning too!!! YEAH!!!!!!

8. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oooooh yes....lol....March 5th i secured my airfare...same day my first leg of my rooms...Carrot Top ticket came the following day, then the myvegas shows and eats all within a week of the securing of the flight.
    The excitement then continues to build....scouring the board, writing stuff down.
    Great to know that on Monday the new flights come out for December. I have never booked with points before, that being said, if I were to book on monday and then found a cheaper "point flight" do they just put the points back in my "point bank"? I had looked at last years booking for December and I had started watching the prices and on June 11th (a little bit before their anniversary sale) and ended up with a 303.00 rt from Orlando and the way the prices have been....its nearly that much lately for one way.
    LET THE EXCITEMENT BEGIN :)

9. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can book hotels/shows/limos/whatever it may be, but it's not a trip and I don't get excited until airfare is taken care of.

10. Cinwhim

Cinwhim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh yeah......I'm 111 days out and looked at comped rooms at CET first back in March, maximized the dates and booked us for 5 nights. :beer: Then the big purchase of air fare and then booked our car rental. :woot: I have the last 2 nights booked downtown at MSS and am just waiting for the 3 month mark to use our myvegas rewards for the middle 2 nights, prolly at NYNY. I've been waiting to see if some dates open up at some of their other properties in case I can get an even better deal. lol

I love the planning as much as the vacation sometimes. Getting good deals and going as inexpensively as possible is a big game. I don't go for just cheap, I try to look at value and stay as nicely as possible. Research, research and planning is my life for the next 100 days or so. ;-) Yay!

11. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I try to have rolling reservations. One is always lined up as soon as one is over with. Right now we're in the planning stages of possibly going out there in late September as soon as my work schedule firms up a bit more. We're kicking the idea around of taking the scenic tour from California through Death valley, coming into Vegas through Pahrump.

As it is, we still have 2 Tahoe trips and a Laughlin trip this summer, and a Reno trip reserved for November. Although the Laughlin trip will likely get cancelled.

12. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cinwhim....did you know that you can redeem and book your room further out than the 90 days? Only thing is....its non refundable. If you decide that you are not going to use it you can't get the LPs back. When I secured my airfare in June I then secured my room for 2 of the 5 nights in December at MC with myvegas. Same thing with shows .....you can purchase them more than 90 days out and call and reserve your seats.

13. salemorevegaslover

salemorevegaslover Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anticipation

Hell yes, I get excited about going to Vegas. Although, I do become apprehensive about my gambling "skill" ( ?) or lack there of. I can honestly say that after 30 plus trips to NEVADA ( Reno included), I have yet to leave that state a big winner. I understand that, I accept that but still get jacked up going there. I keep thinking that one day.......it will happen. My usual donation" runs about $2500 per trip. Of course I am very reckless on my bets but what the hell!
    I'm due for a winning trip. I'll be there June 1-7, so will this be the trip of a lifetime?
    I'll post it if it does happen.

14. rvallez6

rvallez6 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Monday is like a mini christmas lol.. i'll be checking out southwest airfare as well to get my date set in stone. I get excited comparing the different combinations of dates/hotels/flights... once i book its just an amazing feeling. At that moment, i know the trip is a sure thing (barring anything unforeseen of course). I usually can settle myself down until about a month before, then i'm just going crazy.

The funny thing for me this year is I have a week long trip to Mexico in the middle of June that I'm looking forward to, but I still get more excitement from thinking about my Vegas trip.

15. Jameezy

Jameezy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heck yeah! Funny thing is i usually lock down multiple rooms. I get excited the minute I lock one down. Before the flight is boooked and everything.

16. bsbaz

bsbaz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A seven month wait after you book? I thought my three month wait (almost over!) has been painful.

17. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dont get excited until the night before or morning of. It always takes a while for things to hit me.

18. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I look at it differently.

I am in a state of discomfort and agitation when I don't have a trip booked.
    I try to always have a trip booked. This is how it's been for a few years now. I usually have another trip booked before I even go on my next trip.

That's kind of sick now that I think about it. :evillaugh

19. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it's even worse if I've been on a winning streak.....I am soooo excited about this next trip. I booked it probably Feb sometime and I was ok for a while, but now that it is getting closer I can't wait!!! :beer:

20. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get excited as dates firm up and then really excited once we have air and hotel booked. I'm already trying to plan the next trip now that I'm officially under 2 weeks for the current trip

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.