1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Do you admit to the police you knew what you did? Just traffic violation

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by mrem3200, Mar 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrem3200

mrem3200 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I was on my way home today and I had to go to the bathroom really bad. I got to a traffic light and turned right on red. Here in CT it is legal to do that unless there is a sign that says you can't. At this intersection there is such a sign that says you can't and it's an intersection that I have been through a hundred times so I knew that..but I was really in a hurry to get home so I didn't wait. And...of course I get pulled over. The conversation goes like this:

Really nice police officer: "Hi there license and registration please, do you know why I pulled you over?"

Me: handing her my documents "No I don't really know" (of course I did know)

Her: "You turned right on red back there"

Me: "Oh, I'm sorry but I really have to go to the bathroom"

Her: "Ok, hold on a minute" as she goes back to her car to run my information.

A few minutes later she comes back to my car and gives me my license and registration back and tells me to have a nice day and to be more careful the next time.

Obviously it could not have turned out any better but I wonder if it would have been different if I would have told her that yeah I knew I broke the law intentionally.

2. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was hot dogging on my motorcycle years back. ripping up and down the street riding wheelies, doing burnouts, just crazy driving.

Got pulled over. Cop asked me if I knew why and I said no. he said I didnt come to a full stop at a stop sign.

Phew. Guess he didnt see the rest and I for sure didnt incriminate myself.

3. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I admit it all the time. Yes, I was speeding. Yes, I changed more than one lane at once. I usually get off because of it.

4. pultzar

pultzar Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I admit my fault 100% of the time and have gotten out of several tickets in recent years especially speeding. Do you know why I pulled you over? Yes I was speeding. How fast were you going? 83 miles per hour. Few minutes later they always thank me for my honestly, tell me to slow down, and let me go. Same with red lights, stop signs, turn on red, whatever it is.

5. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never admit guilt.

6. user3657

user3657 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it depends on the context....if a cop is pulled over looking for speeders, youre doing 30+ over and passing everyone, your going to play stupid?

7. bedaniels

bedaniels Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm from the Bill Clinton school of deny, deny, deny!

8. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Smart man. (Or woman)

Nick:beer:

9. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Do you know how fast you were going?"

"Yes, 64 miles an hour."

"I clocked you doing 72. The speed limit is 55 here."

"You must have got me at the top of a hill, because I have my cruise control set at 64 so I won't go too fast."

"Please slow down a little. Have a nice day."

Whew.

10. HollisTheCat

HollisTheCat Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I failed to use my turn signal, in the right turning lane only & got pulled over. The cop said "I know you know you did not signal" errr k.

11. vegaskid74

vegaskid74 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My dad tolerated a lot of things, but never dishonesty. He beat it into my head that the lowest form of life is a liar. To this day I'm a horrible liar, so yeah, I would fess up.

12. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I live in a gated community in a rural type of setting on a two lane county road. Theres a traffic light there. I was going to work early at 5am. in darkness. I saw only one set of lights way down the road coming toward me . Whats the odds its a cop ?,actually that time of the am pretty good. So I run the light and guess what happened ,nice young guy,told him I had to deliver cars to the FBI in NYC thats why I was going so early.Long day,he let me off . I bumpted into him having coffee a month later,asked me how my day went,told him it sucked ended up being a 15 hour marathon,he laughed.

13. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    NEVER lie to the police. That's far worse than a speeding ticket.

You don't have to lie.

-Do you know how fast you were going?
    -Yes, I do.

14. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no matter what I get stopped for, always polite and honest without giving too much info...depending what they stop you for, if your nice and let them do their job, in my experiences, they give you a warning and off you go....

15. Rodent Pack

Rodent Pack S.S. Minnow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Retired LEO with most of my career riding motors which mainly focuses on traffic enforcement. The motorists that I stopped that were honest and friendly were absolutely more likely to be issued a warning rather than a citation.

It's pretty easy to sense the "lie and deny" people. Not an absolute, but very high likelihood that I'd be ending our time together with getting their autograph.

16. trooper3

trooper3 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Movie - Liar Liar

Cop: You know why I pulled you over?

Fletcher: Depends on how long you were following me!

Cop: Why don't we just take it from the top?

Fletcher: Here goes: I sped. I followed too closely. I ran a stop sign. I almost hit a Chevy. I sped some more. I failed to yield at a crosswalk. I changed lanes at the intersection. I changed lanes without signaling while running a red light and *speeding*!

Cop: Is that all?

Fletcher: No... I have unpaid parking tickets.

[groans]

Fletcher: ... be gentle.

Didn't help him !

17. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only time I use my signal in a left-turn or right-turn only lane is when I have to slow before getting into the lane to let the person behind me know. Or if I'm making a U-turn in a left-turn lane so the person behind me knows (even though that doesn't help him know I'm making a U-turn). I've never been pulled over for not using my signal in a turn-lane, and I have seen many cops not signal when in a turn lane.

I've only been pulled over once. I didn't think the person in front of me had to stop right after the intersection, and I ended up stopping behind him in the crosswalk for a few seconds before traffic started to move again. Nobody was in the crosswalk and the light never turned red in my direction before I could move again. When the motorcycle cop asked me if I knew what I did wrong, I told him about stopping before completely crossing the intersection. He let me go with a warning. I think it's because he saw that I lived in that small city (South Pasadena) and would rather ticket people who live outside that city (don't know why I think that).

18. PaulBowdry

PaulBowdry Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just open up your wallet. All the police want is your money. Cash register justice.

19. bedaniels

bedaniels Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly!

20. Film-Noir

Film-Noir High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.