1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Do number of Trips hurt comps?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by domeboy, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just finished my third Total Rewards trip this year. Each was five nights comped; PH, Harrahs Resort in AC, and Paris. I just made diamond for the first time after my last trip. I know it will take a while for my play on my last trip to effect my comps, but in general my level of offers is less than they were earlier in the year. Even though I gave them some decent play, was the 15 nights in CET hotels too much for one person?

I am looking into booking a three night trip to AC in late August or early September, and I am wondering if I should wait a little before I book. Will my offers get better or worse after the results of my trip last week hit the TR computers?

I can get the basic rooms comped on the calendar as usual, but my latest offers dont include the premium rooms as they have in the past. I hate to go ahead and book the basic room, because I am convinced you dont get the freeplay/free buffet offers in AC if you already have booked a room.

2. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dont think it will hurt, especially if you made diamond......

What I would look at is your TC before you head out and figure out how many you play per trip, and I would assume if its the same or more each time you will get rewarded for that.....
    I was out there from Sat to Thurs (flew out THurs morning) and I racked up about 2346 in those few days.... Do I think thats alot ? no but I was mainly playing Table games too....
    I know that I will be able to reach Plat on my next trip, sine I had 0 TC when I headed out there.....
    I will be heading to ACity in the fall, so I will have a chance to raise it up for a short weekend trip :)

3. Grasp

Grasp Low-Roller

Caesars looks at your play on a daily basis, Average Daily Theoretical (ADT). It doesn't matter how many days you stay, but you do tend to get penalized if your play isn't mostly consistent each day. For example, if you had the same amount of action during a 3-day trip as during your 5-day trip, then the 5-day trip could hurt your ADT and future offers.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:

In any event, it is your average DAILY play. So, for example, if your play over 5 days is the same as you would have played over a shorter period of 3 days give you a lower ADT.

And, those short days - like your last day can really slam you.

offers are NOT based on Tier status.

5. Steelers7

Steelers7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    did you notice a drop down menu with the room types in it? I noticed making my last reseveration for October that I had to select the room type from there to get the premium room comps to come up. Just a suggestion....

6. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I understand how ADT works; I just noted my tier status to show how much i have played this year. I usually earn about 700 points a day. I make sure i dont swipe my card unless i plan on earning some credits.

Just thought it was strange my offers aren't as good now in ac. I am sure i can do better through my host. I wonder if they are trying to get me to spendmy 40,000 plus rewards credits?

7. shokhead

shokhead I'm no big spender!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got 41,490 and plan on spending most if not all on food next trip.

Here we go again!
  8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hard to say if offer changes are due to:
    - change in ADT
    - figure they already got you hooked
    - change in their offers overall (they do swing up and down and all around)
    - or???

Lots of mysteries in their system.

9. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree about the mystery. I have always gotten offers for premium rooms in AC, even when my play was less. I hope they aren't taking me for granted; there are other nice properties in both vegas and AC

10. LAV

LAV Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In this case, I would guess that the total number of days of your trips have impacted your offers. You were staying 5 days on each of those trips. In other words, the longer you stay, the more play you are expected you play. When your play did not live up to expectations or past play averages, it did impact your play.

Whatever your play was, they divided the total theo by 5 (or possibly 6) to give you your avg daily theo, which I am guess was lowered due to the number of days you were staying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.