1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Do I ask for a host to adjust bill? Help! (Cet diamond in one trip)

Discussion in 'Comps' started by LeeElia, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeeElia

LeeElia Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been staying at PH for 7 nights on a a online offer. I had 5 nights comp, 2 nights at 39, and 100 in free play. I am currently a platnium.

I have given them decent action on this trip. Not counting bonus tier credits from what I recall my play breaks down roughly like this: 1 day I earned 2500 tier credits, one day I earned 2k tier credits, 1 day I earned 1k tier credits, 2 days I earned around 500 tier credits. Including bonus tier credits I earned about 14k in tier credits this trip all at ph. I play video poker, Pai gow, and logged about 12 hours in poker the room.

After I use all my RCS ill owe about 60 bucks. Should I ask for a host to adjust the balance off? If I ask should I ask at check out or before?

Thank you in advance for your advice help!

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You want to ask before you check out: once you check out there might not be anything they can do for your bill without a bit of extra work, plus if they are going to use RCs to pay off some of your bill they will be able to do that for you anyhow.

You should go to the Total Rewards booth and speak to them or ask for a host. Basically you just need to say you are checking out and wanted your play reviewed for any additional comps. They will check, make any adjustments and then that should be it. When I had it done, the trip I made Platinum, they adjusted everything off and didn't touch my RCs so I just went on a shopping spree with all my RCs in their gift shop.

3. win4me

win4me Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Auggie- Do you recall when they did this for you (did not touch your RCs)? The reason I am asking is, I have been told by 2 CET hosts (at Caesar's) in Vegas that they always apply your RCs first and then they will look at any balance that you owe once the RCs are depleted. I also read that recently on VMB.

4. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was December 2011, we were staying at Flamingo.

I have read both: some people have had all their RCs taken by a host, diamond checkout or TR booth before comps applied, and some have had comps applied first and then end up being left with a balance of RCs.

5. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Reading the original post the OP said they were platinum currently, but the subject line says "diamond in one trip"

If you are Diamond you can just use the Diamond check in/out and the desk clerk there can handle comps and use of RCs, plus if they need there is usually a host on hand.

6. LeeElia

LeeElia Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the help, I ended up using diamond check out. Spoke with the host first and she comped everything that my rc didn't cover.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, the next question. If you had gone and spent all your RCs at the gift shop BEFORE checking out, would the host have comped off all you stuff since you would then have little or no RCs?

8. LAV

LAV Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IF your play is really, really strong, then most likely they will still comp it off. However, they will consider the rcs you spent as part of the comps that were redeemed during the trip, so don't be surprised if they say that they could only comp off so and so.

If you ask me, I would not recommend "burning" off these RCs just because you have them. CET looks at all RCs spent. That's why you hear so many people complain about getting very little things comped off.

No, if you have a very good host that you have developed a solid relationship with at a CET prop in Vegas, then getting things comped off, even if your play is lower than expected is still very possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.