1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Dissapointed

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Vegasstar33, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vegasstar33

Vegasstar33 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i have been playing myvegas for awhile, accumulated 300k LP's. Going to Vegas next Friday so I was excited to see what I can redeem and now I'm quite disspointed.....The rewards I really want are sold out and the others are 2 for 1 which most can be found in coupon books outside the game so yeah I'm dissapointed...

How often do they come out with new rewards?

I guess myvegas was really good at the beginning when it first came out but not so much now....does anyone else feel that way? I guess all good things must come to an end some time....

I did however redeem one reward; 2 free passes to the Foundation room at Mandalay Bay. Never been up there so I'm looking forward to that...

Sorry about that rant....:(

2. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check everyday 7am Vegas time for the refill of rewards.

3. Matty Ice

Matty Ice Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not disappointed at all. My wife and I both have accounts and we've been playing for 6 months. We've redeemed and booked 2 comped nights at Aria in March. When we get within 90 days of our trip I plan on getting show tickets, buffet passes and maybe even Bottle Service! We still have over 500k lps between the two of us. I can't wait!!

:beer:

4. Molder66

Molder66 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I totally agree.
    I am just sitting on my LP’s and was hoping that the rewards would rebound for the winter.
    Guess I lost that bet.:grrr:

5. meatwad

meatwad Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep checking on them, they will add new rewards I'm not sure on when they do it. I got one that had been sold out seems they put new rewards in it later at night about 11:00pm cst or that when I noticed it.

6. imderekpoe

imderekpoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And by 7AM that means anytime between 7 and 7:20. 7:17 is about the latest that I've noticed them refilled. Several of the rewards sell out in seconds, so you have to keep checking constantly during that time.

7. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They restock sold out rewards around 7:08 - 7:10am each day. Kind of a pain in the butt to have to be AT your computer and ready to go at that hour, but it works. I was able to get the 2 free LOVE tickets last week by being a vulture and watching -- clicking back and forth until the sold out was gone.

I understand that rewards were a lot better and a lot cheaper in the beginning. I missed out on that, too.

8. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should have purchased your rewards 11 weeks ago, when they were cheaper and probably had what you wanted. You have 90 days from purchase date to redemption day to get them.

Get mine 86 days before my trip, and can't believe how much the same offer changes, in either LP's or dollar value by trip time. :grrr:

9. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea keep checking, and be quick!!

Also the rewards have been fairly mediocre for a long time at least 3 or 4 months... I would imagine you knew that before you accumulated so many points. You have to keep up with it, keep checking the rewards.

But there are still some gems in there. Five50 is a good deal, Or maybe buffets, a buffet dinner for 2 is over $60. I'd go for some show tickets... The Zarkana tickets are $130 a piece!

10. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not dissapoint. I will gladly take them up on free stuff for a bit of time.

If they dont have what I want i will get something else or save up for next trip.

11. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The rewards have gone down significantly from the start last year. Used to be suites, then no suites. Then 2 nights stay, then no. Then 1 night. Then 1 night with 2x more LP's. Oh well. But as C0usineddie says, it's still free stuff for nothing (almost). What I would suggest is to use the LP's for premium show tickets and sell them.

12. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, you really should have started purchasing rewards when you were in your 90 day window. Things have changed considerably in the last 3 months.

People were very lucky in the beginning, but many of them took advantage of the system. Getting 10 rewards on their trip for playing a few months and not needing to buy chips? That was ridiculous.

They gave way too much too easily in the beginning and that is why some people get upset. If the game started just as is now, people would have nothing to compare.

13. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am thinking the bottle service rewards are still a pretty good value. Granted, my opinion.

14. Di Oro

Di Oro Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not disappointed at all. Actually, I'm pretty thrilled with the rewards I have. I started playing MyVegas almost 2 1/2 months ago and have earned a Aria Lunch buffet for 2 as well as a 2 for 1 monorail all day pass and I'm working towards a Mandalay Bay dinner buffet. I know that they are not huge rewards but hey they're free :thumbsup:

15. Mitkraft

Mitkraft High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was disappointed months ago because of the reduction from what I COULD have gotten if my trip had been earlier in the year. However I just got back from Vegas and was able to get and use 2 Tickets to Love, 2 Tickets to Collective Soul, $50 Monte Carlo Dining Credit, 2 Passes to Aria Dinner Buffet, 2 Buffet of Buffet Passes and a BOGO Monorail 4 day pass. So I can't say I didn't get a lot of crap for my effort.

Edited to add: oops, I didn't mean to included the Buffet of Buffets pass, that one was from my TR Visa and not MyVegas

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  16. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't noticed the bottle service. What is it?

Christmas Trip. Sam's Town & MSS
  17. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria has 'VIP bottle service' at Golden Boutique and The Deuce. Each costs 250,000 LPs. I've read conflicting information as to what that gives. Probably best to call MLife at Aria to get full details

18. vegas738

vegas738 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mitkraft, how were you able to redeem so many at once. I thought we were limited to 3 per 30 day period. I've been playing for a while, but I'm a newbie at redeeming, so please forgive me if this is a stupid question. Thank you!

19. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some people are married and have wives that play as well on their own Mlife account. Thus resulting in 6 rewards per 30 day period.

20. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also, I don't think the monorail counts as part of the 3/30.

Christmas Trip. Sam's Town & MSS
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.