1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Discount on rooms for pokerplayer?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Dutchfly, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dutchfly

Dutchfly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi I will probably play 5-10 hours of poker everyday for about 6 days when I am in vegas. Is it possible to get good discounts on rooms when you approach them? Where do they give the best discounts for pokerplayers?

Thanks!

2. BlondWidow

BlondWidow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should call the actual poker rooms of the hotels where you would want to stay and ask about their poker rates for rooms. We have done this to stay at Venetian and at MGM Grand, and I'm sure other places with poker rooms offer poker rates as well.

It was a few years ago, and was MGM Grand most recently, and I can't quite remember the exact rate (but it would likely be different now). You have to play so many hours a day and be sure to swipe in and out so they can track it. One cool thing at MGM was that since my husband and I both play poker, they allowed us to split the required time, so we didn't have to stay at MGM all day.

3. BKCallaway83

BKCallaway83 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did it years ago a few times at The Wynn when they had limit hold 'em. They were very generous in the sense that I got my room rate and a comped lunch every day.

I miss LHE at The Wynn for a lot of reasons.

Super Bowl Weekend for a Bachelor Party!
  5. dewey089

dewey089 Guru of Value

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You don't mention if you stay upscale or not.
    Binions downtown has a poker rate with no real requirement of so many hours of play. They give rooms at the Four Queens for $24 (plus tax but no resort fee) weekdays, if I remember right, and a bit higher on weekends, maybe $40. Of course, were you to take the rate and play nothing, you'd never get it again, but I liked the idea that if the tables were bad and I wanted a break, I did not feel pressured to give them four hours of play each day.
    Again, as mentioned, you get this rate by calling the poker room. I may try for the rate for my last week in Vegas after playing a while in my first three weeks. I can still cancel what I will have booked from home for that time period.
    Also, although you are staying at the Four Queens, those Binion poker days won't count as a day of gambling there. The Four Queens computer and the Binions computer are not yet linked. So, one of my plans is to take my 3 free weekend nights from my 10/7 DB play and add 4 nights at the poker rate for a second booking. That will put me in the same room for a week( with just a paperwork check in and check out between reservations) and yet not affect my VP mailings from the Four Queens as long as I concentrate my VP play and bankroll on the 3 free nights that the Four Queens booked for me.
    I got this from a 4 Queens host last trip.
    And before I did it, I'd run it by a host again to see that in the meantime they did not change the computer procedure or link them up.

CET counts pokerplay in their mailings for free or reduced rate rooms. If you have played there, check your Total Rewards offers to see what they give you. Also, once something is booked, a phone call won't cost the $10 and you can add nights, or change bookings around the same time. The operators have some flexibility and you might get more free nights. My best was 5 consecutive nights at Harrah's all on Imperial Palace and Flamingo 2-4 limit poker play. It took three calls, one for the two free nights, one to make that into three free nights and then the last one gave me the 2 additional nights after I listened to them try to sell me rooms and I just said that Boyd usually gave me some freebies and I was only booking the free offers. This was two years ago.

6. Naturaleight

Naturaleight High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, gotta agree with dewey. If your just planing on playing poker, all Caesar's properties usually will give you free rooms Sun-Thurs after you established a little bit of poker play with them.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.