1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Discount helicopter tour

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by ClownHo, Sep 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClownHo

ClownHo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    http://www.travelzoo.com/local-deals/Las-Vegas/Other/73883

Many years ago I did the strip/downtown helicopter tour. I loved it. Perhaps it's time to do it again. I remember paying about $55-60/person for my flight. (I bought two tickets, one for me and one for my friend, who as a flight attendant provided me with more than my share of low-cost flights to Vegas on standby. I know I spent more than $100 for those tickets, and that was more than a decade ago.)

So $138 for two sounds like a good deal. What am I missing?

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    some of these companies pack you into big choppers and you may end up in a middle seat and not see much.

3. ClownHo

ClownHo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    from their website: * Every person has a window seat. No leaning over others to get a glimpse of the scenery.

4. ClownHo

ClownHo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    good reviews on trip advisor, so i'm going to give this company a try. it's in north las vegas, but i have a rental car, so the location is a non-issue. (many moons ago when i did a strip tour by copter it was from a mccaren-based company.)

5. Someone

Someone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    there is a review of that company in this thread with positive comments

http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95138&highlight=702+Helicopters

and I find KickinChicken to be a forum member that I would without doubt trust a recommendation from

6. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I definitely recommend them and all the reasons are in that post. As far as the price, they all run deals and the prices aren't too much different when you factor everything in. Just keep in mind 702 doesn't pick you up. So if you don't have a rental factor in the cost of a cab. Plus there are additional fees per person that every company charges (e.g. airport/gas fee, etc). These are the same for any of the companies.

7. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Discount helicopter flights. Reminds me of a sign I saw advertising discount eye surgery.

Sometimes a cheap price doesn't make sense.

8. ClownHo

ClownHo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    good point. i looked for any sort of "fuel charge" in the fine print, and didn't see any. so what should i expect to pay in tourist gouge fees? EDIT: I see i can expect to fork over an extra $30 more/less. (tipping the pilot? seriously?)

yes, i will have a rental car, so driving to north LV is a non-issue.

and thanks, someone, for sharing the review.

9. Kickin

Kickin Flea

All of them charge the extra fees, actually 702's airport fee was a little less because the others take off from a landing pad at McCarran while 702 takes off from a smaller airport. The $30 extra was for two of us, so $15pp. You don't have to tip, and I wouldn't be surprised if most people don't since it seems unusual. But all the helicopter companies mention they're appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.