1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Dinner on the Strip

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by mjmcnns, Apr 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjmcnns

mjmcnns Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking for recommendations...

Yes, I realized that's incredibly vague, and open to wildly different opinions. Here are some parameters to consider:

• Group of 6-7 30-year old men
      Not a steakhouse
      Price for food isn't much of an issue, but try not to suggest the $200/plate location
      Looking for a place with a good atmosphere - open to interpretation, but looking for somewhere that offers some of Las Vegas-y experience - great decor, awesome view, good vibe for our group, etc. I guess we're looking for a bit of a "cool" factor. Half of our group has never been to Vegas before, so we'd love to find somewhere that fits the "Strip experience"
      Location somewhere between Venetian and Paris

Thanks!

2. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Couple immediate thoughts that might fit those parameters:

*Olives at Bellagio
    *Julian Serrano at Aria
    *Mesa Grill at CP

3. bigsuv

bigsuv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    mix at Mandalay Bay will get you great view, pretty good food and way less than $200/plate.

4. Nebraska

Nebraska Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joe's Stone Crab in Forum Shops is always on our list for a guy's trip. Can be done with wine or cocktails and sides for around $100/pp easily.

Diverse menu (lots of seafood obviously, but steaks and other stuff too), cool atmosphere, seems very 'Vegas' to me. It's classy without being stuffy--the kind of place you can wear a polo and shorts or a nice blazer and fit in either way.

5. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Cosmopolitan is a great hotel given the age group and general location, so you may just want to see their offerings.

Every time we go, we usually hit the HENRY for at least a meal, though I wouldn't call it "the trip experience" on its own. I will say that it's located directly across from the popular bond bar, so great people watching, you can see the dancers in the tables area from most spots, good menu variety as well. We personally love the primerib there, though not a steakhouse, and that has a beyond reasonable price point of only $30. Food was awesome!

One other suggestion is see if there is consensus from the group for any celebrity chef based restaurant...we went to Mesa Grill as was recommended already, and one of the iron chefs from foodnetwork fame was working the kitchen.

If you really want the Vegas experience try and cough up the $ and hit up a place like Picasso at Bellagio...we went several years back and we were next to Tony Bennett ...nothing more Vegas than that! Worth it for sure!

Good luck & enjoy!

6. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know that this is not an upscale restaurant but for a good view, cool d├ęcor & fun atmosphere for a group of 30's guys....upstairs at Margaritaville is a very fun place and the food is pretty good.

7. iamsomedude

iamsomedude Low-Roller

A place that is not Las Vegas, but I wish it was.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. Alize at the Palms

2. Picasso at the Bellagio

3. Lakeside at the Wynn (SW Steakhouse would be better, but you said no steakhouses. I do urge you to reconsider on this point.)

They give you a decent amount of privacy without taking away from the atmosphere of the restaurants, the food is pretty good at all of them, and they have great views: Alize of the Las Vegas skyline, Picasso of the Bellagio fountains, and Lakeside of the Wynn hidden lake.

8. mjmcnns

mjmcnns Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks!

The only reason for the no steakhouse is we already have a steak dinner booked.

9. bahecasmart

bahecasmart Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    By far one of the best meals for the $ that we had on our recent trip was at the Yard House in the LINQ. Delicious, lots of variety, and incredibly reasonable.

10. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tell us more? Food and prices - please.

I just actually was looking at the website. Prices look good...unfortunately it looks like the location at the Linq ISN'T offering a Happy Hour menu (the Town Square location does).

11. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  12. NYPoker

NYPoker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  13. Junkyard Hog

Junkyard Hog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sinatra at Encore.

Tags:
Thread Status: