1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Dinner Food Lunch Price?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by southbeach82, Aug 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southbeach82

southbeach82 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm thinking of going to Bellagio for buffet and I had friends that told me to go during the end of lunch for lunch food & price and dinner food. Does this work, anyone have experience? and if so, when should I get in line for lunch? I would be going on a Tuesday. Thanks!

2. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely works! We've gone into the buffet about 15-20 minutes before changes over to dinner....go grab some salad or shrimp & wait for the new dishes to come out. Have only done this at CET buffets / MSS & Orleans.....never been to Bellagio tho. Good luck!!

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It works. I can't exactly remember when we got in line. Maybe 2:45 or 2:50 on a weekday. We had plenty of time to spare (3:30 cutoff). If I had to guess, if you get there by 3, you shouldn't have a problem.

4. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They start switching pretty early so you you can get in as early as 2:45 and start seeing dinner items. I noticed that they made sure they held crab legs back until dinner time but the shrimp and the carving station switched earlier.

5. jbee

jbee Low-Roller

What happens if there is a loooong line and you do not get in for the 'lunch' portion? Check it out ahead of time and plan accordingly?

6. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You might have to check on the MSS buffet. They used to close down for a couple of hrs. to changeover to dinner. Maybe that's changed now but that's how it was last time I checked.

Going to Hawaii's 9th Island!!
    Going to Hawaii's 9th island!!
  7. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Bellagio is best place in town to pull this off, because of the value factor and ease in doing so. The lower cadre buffets will have substantially more bargain hunters parked by the entrance prior to the lunch-dinner switchover. Bellagio doesn't attract the same type of crowd, catering more to people oblivious to switchover deals or not caring so much about price in the first place.
    My strategy over the years at the Bellagio has always been the same - arrive about 2:45 to see if there is much of a crowd. If not, I view to the 3:00 opening fountain show (best of the day) and quickly make my way back in to beat the 3:30 price cut off.

8. snapcat

snapcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the tip Chef! I'll give that a try!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.