1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Dining alone at Bellagio or near?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Michelle, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle

Michelle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be seeing O by myself (7:30 pm) and will want dinner afterward. As a solo diner where would you recommend if I'm going to be at the Bellagio? I'm staying at the Signature, should I wait to get back there? I want a find dining experience but will be dining at L' Atelier later in that week.

Jill's 21st!
  2. lmondun

lmondun Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find Sensi to be well-suited for a single diner

the food is tasty and creative. and, like L'Atelier, the kitchen is situated in a way that allows you to see the meals being prepared. you can sit at the bar and watch the grill master at work, or ask to be seated at one of the two counters near the back that offer a view of several cooks at once.

3. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you like asian food, the grand wok in the MGM is not a bad place to eat at the bar. Despite the name, I really enjoyed it.

Just thought I'd give you a thought that was different than the standards you'll see recommended here, all of which are good. And since you're going to Signature anyway.

4. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It sounds like you are comfortable with fine dining atmosphere and pricing, so I would not hesitate to recommend Le Cirque, where you will have a fantastic experience as a solo diner at the bar.

Sensi is a sensible suggestion as well and would be about half the price, but it is not a "wow" experience.

Personally, since you are already at Bellagio I would stay there for dinner.

5. Ross11988

Ross11988 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate at Prime by myself and it was nice. Great food.

6. Tellafriend

Tellafriend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both LeCirque and Circo are good spots to dine solo. I'd kind of disagree about eating at Prime solo at the Bar as its small and will be busy with folks all over and around you trying to get drinks while they wait on their tables.

7. RPMCanes

RPMCanes High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This.
    Best. Meal. Ever

My apologies to the LVMB for my constant brown nosing of Prime that I'm sure you're all sick of by now! LOL

8. DK528

DK528 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Although not at Bellagio, I'd recommend Scarpetta at Cosmopolitan or Sage at Aria -- both close by and I've had great solo meals at both.

9. Ross11988

Ross11988 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, it was my best meal ever. I got the peppered steak, I kind wish I got a better steak like a ribeye or filet. If I do well enough I will try to go back next week. Im also planning to go to Delmonico or SW at Wynn and see if they can beat Prime.

10. craps1

craps1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sage at the bar, without a doubt and if you prefer not to walk over to the B, take the tram.

11. lmondun

lmondun Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree that Sage and Le Cirque are both great options (though I was the poster who originally suggested Sensi, which has the advantage on price). For what it's worth, I was in Vegas earlier this year with a group of about 10 family members and we ate at Prime one night and Sage the next. I think if you asked all 10, you'd get 9 votes for Sage ... but the one who favored Prime would definitely classify the meal as a best-ever. For true steak lovers, it can't be beat.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  12. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right. At the end of the day, Prime is a steakhouse. If you want steak, it is an excellent choice--note the accolades from those whose preferred restaurant genre is steak. If you don't want steak--and my sense is the OP does not as he/she asked for fine dining and is going to L'Atelier--it is a poor choice.

Sage is less formal than Le Cirque and and another great idea--I have done the tasting at the bar there as well. It is a little bit cheaper, too, and a relatively easy walk over from Bellagio.

13. RPMCanes

RPMCanes High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to SW once and my only gripe was that the filet I got was a tad dry. Everything else was fantastic, as expected of Steve Wynn. The atmosphere in that place is phenomenal.

14. craps1

craps1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    RPM, try Delmonico sometime. I really enjoy prime as well as you and thought Delmonico was a very good quality steakhouse.

15. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've eaten alone at Stack (Mirage) quite a few times and had a great experience. Dining solo at Picasso next week and hoping it turns out okay, but I'm optimistic.

16. Michelle

Michelle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm cracking up every time I come back to this thread I change my mind! What's funnier is that I was on Friday night of that week I was planning to go to SW with a friend, and now I'm changing my mind as to that as well, with the comments I have read about Prime. I guess I will write all of these options down and do some menu research!

Jill's 21st!
  17. RPMCanes

RPMCanes High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmm...lots of folks I know have suggested Delmonico as well. Might have to give it a whirl.

18. Boone

Boone Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would recommend Le Cirque at the Bellagio as the staff will keep you company while you are eating. If you are planning on eating at the bar then really any of the prior suggestions would be great.

19. Onlyoneoklahoma

Onlyoneoklahoma Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How is Picasso for solo dining?

20. Boone

Boone Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love Picasso but I don't get the same inviting feel as I get from Le Cirque staff. Picasso is a terrific restaurant but my personal feel is to take a guest when dining there. I can't tell you to not eat there though - it will be great regardless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.