1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Differences between GGE and HGS (Venetian/Palazzo and mLife gift events)

Discussion in 'Comps' started by DaiLun, Dec 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Venetian/Palazzo $100 in Freeplaywas about 57.500
    mLife was 30,000 (much better value)

Venetian/Palazzo was in a smaller (it seemed smaller) ballroom
    mLife's took up about 2 or 3 ballrooms at the Bellagio, but they had the slot tournament machines there as well.

Venetian/Palazzo had calculators on their clipboards which made it easier to tabulate points
    mLife just gave you a piece of paper but they did have plenty of empty tables to sit at and calculate

Venetian/Palazzo had check-in in one room and the gifts and checkout in the same room
    mLife had check-in and checkout in the same room, and most of (not all) gifts and the slots tournament area.

Venetian/Palazzo only served beverages
    mLife had beverages and finger food

I enjoyed the mLife HGS more, but then again, I had many more points to spend.

I'd love to hear from a CET person who went to their event

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hard to say which was a better value unless one can figure out what it took to earn those points. If it took twice as much play to get the V/P points, then they were close to equal.

I have no idea, which makes these things crazy to deal with. Never saw so much smoke and mirrors in my life as these things.

Having drinks is a big plus to at least enjoy the event, that's for sure.

3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the conversion rate is about the same. Grazie base points are about $1.50 coin in and MLife are about $3.

4. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As I understand it, at my level (Gold at V/P and Platinum at mLife), it's about the same amount per point.

Still, the Dyson AM05 was about 160,500 at V/P GGE and "only" 100,000 at mLife.

Let me work the numbers and I'll update this post as appropriate.

5. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I guess you're right. I hadn't played much at V/P after I got Gold level early in the CY and wasn't going for Platinum. V/P is a nice place to play but very, very tough to win.

It would be silly to think that the levels would be that far off.

I DID enjoy the mLife more. I'm really curious to hear about the CET event.

6. LVchix

LVchix Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dai Lun,

I just got back from Vegas and had attended both the great gift wrap up at Caesars as well as the Holiday Gift Shoppe event at Bellagio.

Without a doubt, CET always puts on a great event. On your way into the event, you can get your picture taken. There are orderly lines set up from swipe your card to check your points. They have a couple of bars set up with an assortment of mixed drink recipes that you can sample. - delish:drunk:

You are also given a calculator on you way into the ballroom, but there are very few areas set up to sit , only stand up stations. Last year, they had a mini ice skating rink set up with skaters performing. This year, you walked into the ballroom and were treated by 3 real live African penguins on display . ( don't know why, but they were very cute)

I do notice that this year their event seemed to be scaled back a lot more. The number of gift sponsors seem to be less. The points seem to be a lot harder to earn this year, as I believe they've eliminated the bonus RCS , so now you can only earn 1 gift point per RCS earned.

The good thing about the CET event is that they do allow you to transfer your unused points to a friend, or even a stranger, so that someone else can benefit . Last year I was short some points for an item I wanted. The lovely lady at the checkout station beside me asked if I wanted the rest of her unused point, and I turn, gifted her residual points to me, and I was able to get that item I wanted ( thanks Joan - I still remember your name ) in turn, I have carried on this tradition and gifted my points to someone else. That's what I call the spirit of giving.

I agree with you that the Bellagio event was a classy affair with the food and beverage stations, the popcorn cart, and the open bar.
    Every time I finished my plate or put down my empty glass , someone was there to take it away. It was seamless.

Also, one of the best things about the HGS event this year is that you can buy points. This applies only if you attend the show room event . You are allowed to buy points for $25 per 5000 points. So if you are missing points to get that special item that you really wanted,you can purchase those extra points . I ended up purchasing an additional $50 for an extra 10,000 points to complete my purchase. ( which is lot less than what it would have cost me to grind out those points on a machine.

7. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LVchix, thanks for posting. Yeah, I got my picture taken at V/P GGE. I guess having food at HGS, they had to cut back somewhere. Glad to hear that you got all the stuff you wanted. Up on my Trip report I posted my Christmas shopping list from HGS and now I am done. Good to know about the purchasing of points. I will remember that next year.

8. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For those of us who like photos the Grazie gift show had the professional photographers taking photos for those who wanted them with different Vegas backgrounds and giving out free copies of 2 different 8 X10's in a nice leather like binder. Some snacks were available in free samples of some of the gift items one could get. They used to pass appetizers around during the gift show but not this year. More importantly for me the Grazie gift show had the Macy's and Best Buy gift certificates and M-Life didn't have them. Of course I had a lot more points with Grazie then M-Llfe so that helped me prefer one over the other too.

9. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I was disappointed at the retail gift card selection at HGS. Unfortunately, my situation was the opposite of Evoni's, over 10x more points at HGS than GGE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.