1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Diet Coke Prices

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Ezzy711, Sep 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it worth it to have the taxi from the airport stop to buy some diet Coke and water? I don't drink coffee and need that DC waiting at my bedside first thing in the morning. I also only like the taste of certain types of bottled water. How much will I save by stopping to buy some? I'm sure they have a gift shop at Mirage where I can pick up a few bottles of diet coke but are they outrageously expensive? I know most hotels did away with the machines near the ice due to all the break ins.

Thanks in advance for the info!

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Every hotel I've stayed at in Las Vegas still has vending machines next to the ice maker.

Your timer says you are staying at Mirage... at the gift shop it will probably cost about $3.50 for a 1L bottle of diet coke.

There is a Walgreens across the street between Venetian and Palazzo, or an ABC store in Fashion Show Mall, where you can get a box of 12 cans for around $4.50

3. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

I wouldn't have a cab stop for anything.
    They rip me off enough !

4. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not sure that I'd stop with a cab, but like Auggie said, there are lots of options on The Strip for this sort of thing. I loaded up at Wallgreens.

5. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If staying at Mirage, I think I'd visit the Walgreens across the street(ish) at Venetian.

6. Shelbymae

Shelbymae Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also suggest wal greens....as the vending machine price (at imperial palace anyway) was $2.50, and it only took credit card or debit card...no cash. I belive I paid $1.79 for one at wal greens.

7. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For the love of g-d, just don't take one from the fridge in your room! But seriously, Mirage has vending machines on every floor, but the best bet to stock up at Walgreens, like everyone mentioned. I was totally laughing at the comment of not stopping, you get ripped off by cabs enough, as it is. SO true.

Have fun.

I found this thread very funny btw, lol. What is important to one person, has another just shaking their head :peace: At least we aren't talking about hot pots :rolleyes2:

:beer::beer::beer:

8. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there any reason CVS or Walgreens on the Strip is not an option?

By the way. I consider myself a connoisseur of bottled water. I must have tasted hundreds of different kinds.

Their is a spring water sold at the Monte Carlo gift shop that is someo of the best I have tasted. I am not certain of the brand name. I am 90% sure the brand name is either "Monte Carlo" or MGM. I recognize it by the look of the label.

It is a spring water. Not a filtered water.

9. skybank

skybank Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would echo what others have said about not doing this with the cab, it will only cost you more money.

There is also an ABC store inside the Fashion Show Mall that you can also get to easily by taking the tram to TI from Mirage then walking over the bridge to the mall from TI.
    The ABC store has $0.99 1Litre waters and all kinds of other drinks as well including various sizes of diet Coke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.