1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Did MGM assign me a host?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by akhoya362, Aug 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. akhoya362

akhoya362 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got a letter from MGM the other day (on nice business paper, no less). It was a generic letter telling me about all the great things MGM Grand had to offer (never mind that I was just there a month and a half ago). No offers or comps or anything; the author offered to make arrangements for anything MGM-related. It was "signed" (i.e., copy-pasted with someone's signature) by someone with the title of "Marketing Executive."

So I guess my question is -- did MGM just assign me a host? I'd previously asked whether it was worthwhile for me to search out a host because I'm a mid-roller, at best. If so, should I bother telling him that I'm staying at the MGM in October and March?

2. vacationaddict

vacationaddict Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes the same thing happened to me. You should get a email soon letting you know who it is and how to contact. That is what happened to me at least.

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hosts do cold-calling all the time.

mostly low level hosts that are trying to build their clientele.

no, he's not assigned to you.

but, yes, you could contact him and work with him.

4. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are not an executive host so to speak like the high rollers use but they can definitely do you some good, much better than just the VIP call in people ever will, we were assigned so to speak the same type of host last year and he has done many things for us that we never had before, like limo to and from the airport, free show tickets free upgrades on comp offers and other small thing to high rollers but to mid-high level players like us those things mean a bunch in regards to keeping our loyalty. They are basically assigned to you after you use them once, the last trip I just called VIP desk on a comp offer and they saw I had used him previously and connected me right to him.

Cosmo Christmas
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.