1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Delta SkyClub for Cheap?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Rumdranker, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rumdranker

Rumdranker Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any tips for getting da passes to Delta's Sky Club or any other airline lounge?

Thanks. I want to start this one off right. :drunk:

2. JaxxLV

JaxxLV Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are several credit cards that enable you to get a 1day pass for $25 instead of the normal $50. They include the Amex delta gold/platinum card. They have several other eligible cards. Might want to call a sky club location and ask them if any of your cards are eligible for the discount.

3. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check out major auction sites and search for a " Delta skyclub day pass". You can usually get them for less than 20 dollars and are good for one day if you don't have one of the credit cards with that option.

4. Coolcanuck79

Coolcanuck79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get them all the time off of eBay. Just buy from a trusted seller and enjoy!

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did not think there was a Delta club in Vegas?

6. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is no SkyClub in Vegas at the moment:peace: But the OP didn't specify Vegas, so maybe s/he wants to use it en route to Vegas....

7. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks to the OP and the replies. I never thought of checking the bidding sites for cheap passes. I have to fly thru Atlanta where they have Sky Clubs everywhere. I don't have too long between flights but the comfy seats and quiet might be worth a few bucks. I put my bids in on 2 today but capped them at 1/2 the face value which is all I'm willing to pay. We'll see if it works out.

I love this board!:blowkiss:

8. Rumdranker

Rumdranker Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the great info. I'mma champange taste, but cheap (not too cheap though, a man must have standards) rum budget kinda fella.

Indeed I would like to use the pass at the begining of my trip. The flight home from Vegas is pretty early in the AM :cry: so I'm less interested in :beer: on the way home.

One thing I haven't been able to figure out: what does OP stand for? I understand that it refers to the lol.....Original Poster right? I get it now...

Ezzy711, I love this board too. What do consider face value for the day passes? I've seen them at $50. So the most you would pay is $25?

Also, any other Airline Club offering a deal?

Aces and Faces to all :nworthy:

9. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you buy the pass from Delta it is $50. They are free or discounted with some credit cards, but none I had. I put my max bid in at $22 but lost. The one I bid on is now $26 I think. I found a "buy it now" seller who had two available for $23 each so I decided to not wait around and just bought those. Will it be worth it? I don't know, I have never set foot in one. But I really like to go in style to Vegas more than any other destination.

10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had free access to clubs for about 8 years. They are great for frequent flyers. Delta lounges have free booze. Not all airlines do. Minimal snacks - no real food except intl lounges. If you have at least a half hour and near your gate, then great. If you barely are making a connection, then hard to say if it is worth it.

Here is a thought. If you are connecting, and already spent money on a pass, Murphys Law may bite you in the butt. If you arrive late and have to run to connect, the pass then got real expensive.

Here is to hoping you get a pass and get to hang out with free drinks for a bit.

11. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we have the Delta Reserve Amex which includes Sky Club membership. it does cost $450 per year, which is a lot for a CC, but it's well worth it if you fly Delta a lot and spend at least 30-60k per year on it as you get 15-30k bonus MQMs.

12. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some club passes are non-transferable, so do be careful:peace:

13. JDinTN

JDinTN MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have the Delta Reserve Amex as well but that's because my wife flies a lot and almost always with Delta so the bonus MQMs make sense for us. Otherwise we would get the classic Amex platinum which gives you access to other airline lounges as well. Strictly for the airline lounges though these cards only make sense even if you at least a couple of times per month -- otherwise you can just buy access to the lounge for as little as $20 or less.

14. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Delta used to use Continental's President's Club on Terminal D, but that partnership disappeared over a year ago. You would think they have enough gates at McCarran to put in a Sky Club, but at least there are plenty in Atlanta, and I need a drink on my way to Vegas a whole lot more than coming back. In fact, I'm usually detoxing by then and don't even want to think about anymore alcohol!

15. Coolcanuck79

Coolcanuck79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get United Club passes off eBay all the time for $10-$15 and usually includes an onboard drink voucher for the flight too.

It's definitly worth it on the way to Vegas when you have a layover somewhere. I can

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.