1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Delta - Basic Economy???

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by JosieCat, Jan 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just went in to check my flight prices for my June trip on Delta, and now they have a third column besides Economy and First Class - Basic Economy. Cheaper, but non-refundable, no changes and seats assigned at check-in. Not available on all flights (like it isn't available on the 9:00 a.m. and 11:15 a.m flights).

This is my first experience with this, and this wasn't available when I booked my flight. Is this offered when they are trying to fill the plane - although my flight isn't until June so it would seem early to be doing that.

2. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess it depends on how much cheaper the fare is

And of course, how much seat assignments are worth to you versus the savings. Non-refundable,big deal,are any fares refundable any more?
    Non changable ,thats a joke also , look at how much they charge for fees and the difference between fares .
    Everybodys situation is different so is this trade-off worth it to you?

3. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If the savings were enough, I guess I would consider it. I was just curious if this option is new. I had never seen it before today, and I've been flying Delta for years.

4. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How much do you hate the middle seat?

5. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL. I do actually hate the middle seat, but still, if the savings were enough, I can put up with it for 3 hours.

6. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not a Delta flyer but it sounds similar to what United does.

United has Economy, Economy Plus, Business and First.

The economy seats are the ones with no leg room. Pay for the E+ and you get the front section of economy with much more leg room. Its like sitting in an exit row without being in the actual row. The cost of this depends on the destination and length of flight.

However the only thing I don't get is the non-refundable thing. As far as I know all tickets are non-refundable ones with the exception being the upper tiers of first class.

Check out www.flyertalk.com and browse the Delta forum for more info.

7. Kickin

Kickin Flea

It's different than that. United's Economy Plus is a different section of the plane with more room, Delta's Basic Economy is the same as regular Economy but just a different fare class. They're non-refundable and can't be changed after you buy them. You also can't pick your seat in advance. Its basically the same thing as airlines like Spirit do, just in a different format. The distinction between the legacy carriers and the discount carriers continues to dwindle away. Delta's been rolling this out on different flights for a couple of years now apparently.

8. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    People on the United forum at FT are pissed that United has instituted the PQD's this year. Apparently many of those folks fly on bulk tickets purchased by corporate travel agencies...and United said no way on earning the PQDs on those tickets.

10. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I understand why airline companies do the things they do - and for some elite travelers, thinning the herd of those eligible for perks is a good thing - but for a low level elite (I'm usually Delta silver but have reached Gold on years when I have a little more international travel) it sucks :peace:

I read the Delta forum on Ft regularly but rarely post. Certainly not without putting on my asbestos suit first ;-)

11. wormhole

wormhole VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you really want to read some heated discussions on FT, go to the Travel Safety/Security area. It can get intense there.

In the Delta forum, the DYKWIA (do you know who I am) thread can be real entertaining.

12. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I read it once a month or so. Not that entertaining to me - I need the internet to relax me, not get me riled up:peace:

Yes, I do enjoy reading it:eek:

People can be friendly and helpful if approached gently. But geez, cop an attitude and they will beat the crap out of you:peace:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.