1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Delta airlines

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by brownies95, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brownies95

brownies95 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Comments....The Good.....The Bad....and the Ugly?

How do they compare with Jetblue and Airtran?

Thanks,

Tim:peace:

2. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fly Delta twice a year from MSP to Las Vegas - haven't really had a problem yet. We actually usually land early.

AirTran - this was many years ago - but the one time I did fly with them, they bumped me from the flight - so I don't really have warm fuzzy memories of them. I can't speak to JetBlue at all.

3. brownies95

brownies95 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have flown both Airtran and Jetblue and love both, but this time Delta is over $300 cheaper!

Does Delta let you pick your own seats?

Thanks,

Tim:peace:

4. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes you can pick your own seats.

5. AndyAkeko

AndyAkeko Time magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What I like best about Delta is that their frequent flier miles never expire. Their website is also pretty good about letting you know which flights have satellite TV, charging stations etc. The downside is if you have to connect in Atlanta, which is always a zoo (though no worse than a connection through O'Hare).

Jetblue is my favorite airline to fly with, but the last couple of years they've always been more expensive than other options. I love having a TV at my seat, and their live flight tracker channel is the best of the airlines I've flown with.

6. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on your fare category. Delta has just introduced a super cheap fare (E I think) and you don't get to pick your seats until check-in maybe?

I fly Delta mostly these days - I had a great year of international travel for business and have just kept my leisure & domestic travel on the same airline. Delta has been cheaper than SWA for Vegas the past few years too, so I'm happy to fly Delta.

All airlines are going to have pros & cons. For an occasional flyer -where things like miles aren't going to matter as much -I would just pick on price & itinerary:peace: Southwest might have free checked bags (for now:evillaugh) but when Delta is $150 cheaper per ticket, I'm not going to fly Southwest.

7. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Living in Atlanta, Delta's home town, I fly them almost exclusively. (You almost have to – they have the most flights and gates by far.) Flying Delta as often as I do, I've encountered more than a few less than happy moments. But then, I would think most people would have a gripe or two about whatever airline they use if flown often enough. All-in-all, there's no compelling reason for me not to use them. As HoyaHeel wrote, "All airlines are going to have pros & cons."

8. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Read the fine print carefully with Delta- they charge fees for changing and cancelling flights, even if you re-book with them right away.

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
  9. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like their transatlantic service, but my internal flight with them was pretty average at best.

10. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do want to mention, this past friday when I came home I got to fly home on a 767. Very nice plane, 2X3X2 seating inside, and at least 5 flight attendants. Thing was huge. Best part was everyone had a tv in the seat in front of them- with GPS tracking the plane showing time til landing, feet, speed and maps with your exact position. Kinda nice not having to guess at how long until you were landing.

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
  11. thespiritoftruth

thespiritoftruth Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've flown Delta as much as possible the past few years (the exception being work trips, where the cities and carriers are usually predetermined for us). I recently upgraded to the AMEX Delta Reserve card, as it's $450 a year, but that includes entry for you and two guests when you're flying with Delta to their sky club, plus a free companion first class or coach ticket each anniversary. It's a little pricey, but I get my fair share of money of the free booze in the sky club and free companion certificate. Plus, the sky club is a nice place to get a clean bathroom and what little peacefulness their is to be found in an airport.
    I'm sure your mileage may vary with regards to which airline is the best, as this debate is probably similar to the MLife/CET/Stations, etc. debate that has continued for years on this board. Each have their perks, and every company is cutting back on their loyal customers. I've tried to focus my "play" or flying in this case, with one airline, in order to maximize my "comps" (free first class upgrades, skymiles, etc.) but again, this airline carrier works for me best, based on my location, and where I'm usually trying to fly to (Vegas 3x times a year). Not trying to turn this into a comps debate, just using it as an analogy, as I see many similarities for each situation.

12. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just made Diamond on Delta again, given the other airline choices I like Delta. MY Diamond status allows me to gift Diamond Medallion status to my partner as long as he is Gold each year. I also get 6 system wide upgrade certificates....so my trips to Las Vegas are always First Class. Plus I get Sky Club memership. Delta is great IMO.

13. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:

Wrong.
    You can totally cancel without fees within 24 hours.

As to Delta vs Jetblue vs most of the other majors. If you read enough, you will find one is better than another, and then find the opposite. They are all pretty much the same. Go with price, schedule, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.