1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Decent golf in Palm Desert/Palm Springs

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by IowaRyan, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IowaRyan

IowaRyan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking for suggestions for some good golf courses in Palm Desert or Palm Springs, preferably for less than $100. Might spring for a one $100+ round but want to play 3-4 rounds total. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Ken, are you out there?? :peace:

2. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd recommend Marriott Shadow Ridge (designed by Nick Faldo) or either course at Terra Lago (former Skins Game site). These can each be had on GolfNow.com for around $70. Mission Hills Gary Player course is also very nice, and it's frequently under $100 on some of the discount tee time sites.

I just played the Celebrity course at Indian Wells Golf Resort about a month ago and loved it. Might be over $100, though.

3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey, Ryan. I think I've written a PS golf article every month for the past million months. lol Let me see if I can flip a few into pdf and I'll send 'em over if you send my your e-addy.

4. IowaRyan

IowaRyan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ken is the Bomb

Thanks Ken PM'd my email. For everyone else just as an FYI I Googled "golf articles on Palm Springs by Ken Vanvechten" and found at least 20 articles; ran a search on Scottsdale and had similar success. As a final plug several years ago I bought Ken's book on Las Vegas golf and found it very helpful.

5. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank, Ryan.

M nailed a couple sleepers in Shadow Ridge -- Schmidt-Curley, though Sir Nick gets the credit; you'll see many similarities there with Lee/Brian's work/input at Southern Dunes, Siena, LV Paiute -- and the Player course. My other two evergreen desert sleepers are Desert Dunes and the second course at Desert Willow, Mountain View.

For your "splurge" course you can avoid the (deserved) hype at some of the PGA West courses and head right back to Desert Willow for Firecliff. Hard to believe this is a muni complex (like SilverRock in LQ and Indian Wells Golf Resort). For a somewhat different taste of desert golf, check out Classic Club, which was in the Hope rotation a few years before the "pros" started to whine about the wind. Can't think of a course in the desert that flows any better.

If you have time check out Golf Alley on Cook by the wash in PD. Consignment shop. The place where I tried to buy my own 3w some years back.

Got the message. I'll be in touch shortly.

6. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ryan, I'm sitting here writing about the desert for WestJet Airlines' inflight and checked rates at Classic Club and that joint now high-season peaks at $139 through the club. (Not sure if Troon does much with the discounters.) Wow.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.