1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Death Valley Superbloom

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by UKFanatic, Feb 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2016
  2. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never been there for the superbloom either. My parents went when one was happening and their pictures, especially of the north end of the valley were amazing. I'd definitely take a drive out there if a trip ever coincided with the bloom.

I was there once when those little fish in Salt Creek were spawning. The NPS had a naturalist out there talking about their life cycle and how they survive when the creek is dry. Fascinating stuff.

3. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ High-Roller

We had planned to go last week. The best blooms are near Badwater and the road through Shoshone is closed due to the flooding last year. To get to Badwater you would have to go through Death Valley Junction and head south to Badwater, about three hours each way. I'm kind of sorry that we didn't make the trip since this kind of desert bloom doesn't happen very often.

4. smerrian

smerrian Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I happened to hit one of these super blooms at Valley of Fire. It was gorgeous. A sea of yellow flowers set off by the iron red rock in the area. I still smile at the memory of the beauty. And Valley of Fire is less than an hour away from Las Vegas!

5. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really wanna see the desert bloom in dv. Coupled with a visit with a new moon to see the sky there. From the safety of a converable cause I am terrified of most desert creatures!

Downtown - Wanker Returns after baby!
    Wanker Returns After Baby
  6. TomTWI

TomTWI High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.