1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Death at Flamingo last night

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Carole, Sep 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carole

Carole Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just read article confirming the death of an Austrialian athelete. It says he fell from the balcony at his room at the Flamingo. The article does have any details. I was just curious as I did not know Flamingo rooms had balconies, does anyone else know?

2. ogksteve

ogksteve Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No there arent balconies at the flamingo.

3. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Media is reporting that he was found on a "south driveway near Koval and Flamingo" This will be interesting. I always thought the top floors of the South tower looked like they had small balconies, but no clue if they do or not.

4. mikewolf13

mikewolf13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does the HGVC property have balconies,....shoddy reporting would call that the Flamingo as well

5. MrSandsman

MrSandsman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This story is headline news in Australia with the football finals in full swing.

Mysteriously, John McCarthy fell off the roof of the Flamingo and wasn't even staying there! It was the first night of the end of year trip for one of our football teams. These footballers are notorious for going absolutely wild on these trips - a player from another team overdosed whilst in Vegas a few years back. It seems a group of them got refused entry to a nearby nightclub (probably Drai's) at around 5am and then John McCarthy got separated from his teammates and then showed up unconscious in the Flamingo driveway shortly after.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    this might be the issue

[​IMG]

Look close at the top center of the picture.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2012
  7. MrSandsman

MrSandsman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems like he got on the third floor roof (which I find strange - when The Hangover came out there was lots of talk about hotel security preventing anyone getting on the roof of hotels in Vegas), then tried to climb down one of the palm trees but fell.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.