1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Day 4 AUGUSTUS TOWER

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by I Require Vegas, Jan 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Require Vegas

I Require Vegas Tourist

My Trip Report

I walked over to ceasars at around 930 am to see if i could check in early. I recognized the check in clerk from the show "Ceasars 24/7". He was telling me how the same producers from the springer show were producing their show. It was all staged. Not that is was'nt obvious anyway. Luckily, there was a room available. I tried the $20 trick and was given an upgrade to a corner suite on the 24th floor. I would have liked a higher floor, but since we scored a suite, i was happy. Not that it could compare to the bellagio at all, but it was still brand new. The suite we had was way at the end of a hall, with a view of the palms and rio out one window, and a view of the bellagio out the other window. There were also power lines right outside the window which surprised me. Anyway, you walk into the suite and there is about a 15 foot long entry foyer, no marble black and white carpet. Moving into the suite, there was an enormous closet with a safe and one robe. The bathroom was nice sized with a decent sized jacuzzi tub with adjustable vents. Huge shower, and seperate water closet. What struck me about this room was the amount of unused space!! You could have fit at least 2 couches and a bigger table. There was one couch, a big lounge chair and a smaller chair. There was a small table by the window that faced bellagio with 2 chairs. It was not really even big enough for 2 people to eat a full meal. I have to say i was very dissappointed with this room. For a suite, it should have been a little more appointed. I dont really know what qualifies this room for a suite, because there was so much unused space. The color scheme is a little wierd as well. The best part of the room was the bed. It was super comfortable. That was about the only thing that i really liked about the room. For my money, i will go with the palace tower if i stay at the palace again. There was nothing in the room that really gave me the "wow" factor. Dont get me wrong, the new lobby is beautiful, the hallways are gorgeous, and there is a porte cochere right near the augustus tower elevators, but other than that, i was not really impressed. Probably because we just came from a penthouse suite at bellagio, it would have been hard to top that. It is nice to walk thru ceasars and not have to deal with the construction. And that sewer smell is still there in the roman plaza. Its not as bad as it was a couple years ago, but it is still there. The bathrooms in the palace tower are better. I dont really know what they are trying to accomplish with the augustus, but i dont really think its all that much better than the palace tower. If i had to choose, I would pick the palace tower in a heartbeat. I was excited to try the new tower because it just opened in august, and unfortunately i was dissappointed. We still had a good time, and I will stay at the palace again, but not in the augustus tower. Hope you enjoyed the report! Email me if you have any questions.

2. edwood32

edwood32 VIP Whale

yeah that show was DEFINATLEY staged..nice report!

3. East Coast Shuffle

East Coast Shuffle Low-Roller

Vegas in Style

Nicely Done TR.
    Great insight into some very nice room options.
    Cheers, ECS.

4. Jimbucc

Jimbucc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, 4 days of luxury. Thanks for the detailed report.

5. I Require Vegas

I Require Vegas Tourist

i have never been surrounded by such luxury. How do you top that? It sure will cost me......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.