1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Dating Thread Suggestion

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Turtleman, Aug 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hell, at 68, get something quick! I'm 66. Plenty of 50 year old young hotties in Vegas.

2. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's one here but probably too old, too far away and too selfish after ten years solo and 25 years of marriage before, most of them unhappily, lol. My ex is now one of my best friends and everyone is happy.

3. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a very good point and thanks for pointing it out. I'd better get busy. In fact (as the White Rabbit told Alice), "I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date. No time to say hello, good-bye, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!"

4. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What do you mean "use Vegas as a way to reconcile"? I no longer believe in back-burnering things that are important to me. I did that for a long time in our relationship and it sucked.

My husband likes Vegas, but it's just one of many places he wants to visit. He wants to see new things and experience new places all the time. Me, not so much. I may have a Vegas sickness. :) But I travel to Vegas without him and that is fine for us. I just have to make sure we do at least one trip where I drive support for his mountain bike rides and we're happy.

It may be a different story if I was going once a month (vs 2x a year) or if I had a gambling problem where I exceeded my allotment, etc.

Relationships can be hard. It's important that both people feel valued and free to be who they are, without coming at the expense of the other partner. Sometimes it's a delicate balance for us and I tend to be the one who says "It's okay if my needs aren't met". Of course, that's only until it isn't okay anymore. :wink2:

5. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have the same sickness!

6. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I think a number of us went through the same thing you're going through. One suggestion, get out of it as soon as you can. Get your stuff out and move completely out. I did the same thing about 15 years ago, stuck around but that wasn't good so I just found a place (luckily it was almost the end of the month so easy to move into the new place) and got the heck out of there. IMHO best to move on, esp if there is no hope to get back together.

There are a number of "dating" sites but there is no guarantee. Even eharmony isn't the greatest, I know 4 people who used that site, 2 are still married (with their spouses) and 2 are divorced. I got on match.com but it was kind of flaky (IMHO). So shallow, I found many women looking for someone to take care of them financially, their profiles are so shallow, woman making 25k or less looking for someone making 75k and up. Glad that they do that, that way I can avoid them at all costs. The other group is the religious group, women going to church 3x a week. I also avoid that group. Very hard to hook up with someone so if you find someplace to do that send us a post as I would be interested also.

7. UCLAGirl

UCLAGirl High-Roller

I think adding dating sections to message boards long after they've been online is a terrible idea. There seems to be no drama on here and I can just imagine what would happen if two people meet on here, date, and then there is a falling out of sorts in which one of the two parties decides to bring the drama on here. I also agree with the sex aspect. Some people may be interested in meeting "the one" while others just want some casual fun.

I'm actually now just open to dating after breaking up with my ex in 2013. We broke up mayweather/canelo weekend actually, so it's almost two years. I went on about two dates during that time but there was never a second one because those dates made me realize I wasn't ready to date. I couldn't imagine wanting to date right after a fallout. I don't think I would give the time of day to any man who told me he that just ended a relationship within the last three to six months. My first boyfriend was divorcing when we started dating but I was fine with that because they hadn't lived together in a year.

I've gone on a few dates but no one is interesting me. I'm on the eve of my 31st birthday anyways so my focus right now is planning my mexico getaway.

8. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hear ya, UCLAGirl. I'm not "there" yet.

I was married 1992-1998 and went on a wild streak after that. Until . . . 2006 and went gaga! Good relationship and then we parted in 2008, but are still friends.

Since then, I have been loving my single life. I think I'm too old and set in my ways now.

I consider Vegas my boyfriend - he wines and dines me and treats me like a queen.

9. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think that for the purpose of sanity, a "relationship" section, is great!!!

For the purpose of dating.....not so much. For the exact reasons that UCLAGirl has said...and many more

10. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with you about a dating section here.

As to your other comment, (31st bd), I went on a date with a girl that was that age. It was scary because she started talking about biological time clocks, etc. etc. She even mentioned that she didn't care if she got married to the guy, she just wanted a kid. Needless to say I didn't pursue that relation after the first date. She said that she didn't want anything from the father but you never know nowadays with the spouse/SO asking for child support or alimony, etc, etc.

I see some of those commercials with dates and I got a kick out of the girl who put the bride and groom ornament on a dessert, made me think of that girl I dated. :eek:

11. UCLAGirl

UCLAGirl High-Roller

Women who really don't want a father in the picture have the option of going the sperm donor route..and if they can't afford it then they can't afford a kid...I wouldn't have gone on a second date either!

Reminds me of the guy who said "I love you" like three weeks after I first met him

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.