1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Dark Knight Rises review

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Nov 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife bowls Thur nights, so I watch whatever I want. HBO had on this movie and football doesn't start until 7:30. I haven't followed all the sequels to Batman. Possibly the last one I saw was back in 1995.

IMO, this movie just sucked and took away 2.5 hrs of my life that I will never get back. It was just stupid and nonsensical.

Except for Anne Hathaway running around in her tight batgirl outfit, I have not one good word to say for this film.

I'm also bored right now waiting to leave for airport and probably wouldn't have posted otherwise. After the fact, I see it got 8.5 rating on IMBd. Sure don't know why.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  2. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Batman Movie reboot was really good. Christian Bale has been the best Batman to date.
    The sequel was fantastic even though it took a while to get used to Maggie G. over Katie H.
    The trilogy was a disappointment. Some movies seem to play better on TV than in the Theater.
    Not sure how Ben Affleck will pull it off but it will be interesting to see him fight Superman.
    I just watched The Man of Steel last night and well I'm still trying to decide if I liked it or not.

3. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe you should watch Batman Begins and The Dark Knight first, then your opinion might be more informed.

Nolan's Batman trilogy is widely regarded as the best superhero film series ever, hence the 8.5 rating on IMDB. The general consensus is that The Dark Knight Rises is the worst of the bunch, but it's still well liked by most.

4. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Joe, you must have made some major typos. So I fixed them for you. You're welcome. :peace:

5. DBear

DBear VIP Whale

Batman Begins was awesome. Dark Knight was good. Dark Knight rises was eh.

6. Hoowaa

Hoowaa Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I rate them out of 10 as follows:

I. Batman Begins: 9.6
    II. The Dark Knight:9.9
    III. The Dark Knight Rises:9.2

SPOILER ALERT:

Dark Knight Rises' lower rating is a result of Bane's lack of depth (not seeing someone's face probably had the most to do with it - he's almost a one dimensional character) and the anti-climactic nature of his demise. Still loved it overall though.

For context (I am not a comic book fanatic) some of my all time favourites that I can rewatch anytime :

• Gladiator
    • Shawshank Redemption
    • Field of Dreams
    • Seven
    • Silence of the Lambs
    • The Green Mile
    • Heat
    • Fargo
    • No Country for Old Men
    • Stand By Me

7. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How could you not enjoy this movie? I would rate it pretty close to 10.

8. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Without getting into the merits of Joe's opinion (this being America, everyone's entitled to be COMPLETELY WRONG about things), I'm reminded of this:

[YOUTUBE]Imhcq5s9OLs[/YOUTUBE]

EDIT: I can't figure out how to get the stupid Youtube thing to embed. Or at least, I think I may have screwed it up.

EDIT 2: Nevermind. I fixed it. I'm a genius.

9. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joe, I don't think the movie was that bad. It surely wasn't the best one, compared to the others.

I thought it funny that you actually sat through the 2.5 hrs. of the movie, considering what you thought of it. Must've been Ann Hathaway in those tights, eh? :beer::beer::thumbsup:

Going to Hawaii's 9th Island!!
    Going to Hawaii's 9th island!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.