1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Damn you, Orange Gates!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Sonya, Aug 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I swear that nothing ruins more backcountry exploring around here than those Orange Gates that block access to working logging areas in the forests.

Yesterday I just wanted to sit next to a river on a rock and put my feet in the water. We did a hike that seemed to go uphill both ways and didn't see a drop of water. Then we went exploring on the backroads in search of a river. I've got the map and Dan is driving. I tell him "If we take this dotted line over to that dotted line, we should drop down to the river." Nope. Orange gate.

Loop around, get on another road... orange gate. DAMMIT!!! New road has a fork in it, but no signs. GPS is no help as both roads are called "Unpaved road". We found a beautiful ridge, but no river.

So, we were out all day yesterday, hiked over 5 miles, drove about a dozen dirt roads that SHOULD have gone to the river, but alas. My legs are currently made up of some combination of fire and jello and I never did get my feet wet. Hmm.. may have to take the dog to the beach today. There's always water there. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.