1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CX to Strip?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by progrocker2112, Jun 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. progrocker2112

progrocker2112 Rocks fall, you die!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    See lots of threads on the WAX, but couldn't find anything with a search for taking the CX to the strip. I guess the downside it only goes to terminal 3 and is therefore a bit less convenient...but anyways:

I'm arriving on Friday for a last second booked trip (this seems to be a recurring theme around here lately) on Southwest scheduled for 2:30 PM arrival. From my understanding I can go down to zero level, take a terminal bus to terminal 3 which is also at zero level so that the CX bus stop will be right there, and RTC is currently showing northbound departures at 3 and 3:30 so I shouldn't wait long even if I miss the first one. I can take that to the Sands/LVB stop by Fashion Show mall, and then walk south to the Mirage by 4 or 4:30. I will have only my Swiss Gear backpack for luggage.

Are there any gaping holes in this plan? Will just taking a shuttle for 7 plus tip take a significantly less amount of time (which I guess is always a crapshoot)?

2. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a sound plan!

I would do what you propose instead of the $7 shuttle (hurry up & wait!).

It is a bit of a walk from the stop close to FSM, but not really bad -- just walk past Treasure Island, then to Mirage.

Actually, there used to be a monorail between T.I. & Mirage.

3. progrocker2112

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Genius. So it looks like I just continue walking on Spring Mountain after I get off, cross at Mel Torme and it's right there! Thanks!

edit: Or better yet, just turn around and take the escalator and walkway into TI and walk through the A/C.

4. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha! Walking through the AC at T.I. is a bright idea!

It didn't cross my mind because I was taking the CX from downtown & getting out near Sands/LV Blvd in January. But right now, that AC would be sweet.

5. pebbles

pebbles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Walk into TI and get the tram to Mirage. Less walking, more AC.

Still second trip of 2017
  6. jimboguy

jimboguy My sloppy joe is all sloppy and no joe.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanksgiving Weekend
    I like fall
  7. progrocker2112

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you try this route it takes 30 minutes to get from airport to fashion show. The shuttle to terminal 3 is kind of weird, when you get off you have to turn around and walk far past taxi stand and rental shuttle to get to cx, wax stop. In terminal 1 the bus stop is right by the terminal shuttle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.