1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cromwell updates

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Funkhouser, Jan 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PSM

PSM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As someone who has been to Vegas enough times to see pretty much all of the attractions and properties on the Strip, plus a large number of off-Strip attractions and properties, I always look forward to checking out a new one. Even if it's just for a walk through and I find the property itself isn't for me, something new adds a little extra fun and excitement to each trip. Chances are this will not be my ideal property or one where I'll spend much time, if any, but then again I'm not in a position to be making decisions on new property design. If I had it my way, it would be a budget to mid-level themed property, but I don't have it my way and probably won't any time in the future, so I'll just pull what enjoyment I can from it and move on if it doesn't suit me.

You can't blame businesses for trying to make money and stay afloat by catering to the customers they see making them the biggest, lowest risk profits, especially in these small hotels. If someone is going to spend $200 a night for a room, $1,500 during the day for a cabana and "supplies" in a party atmosphere, then $50 to get into a club and $500 on $50 worth of booze that night, you'd be stupid not to design your new property with that customer in mind, as opposed to the nickel and diming gambler who wants a comped room, food, and beverages, all while being offered high return games on which they just may make a profit. How much do you think a hotel of this size could really make focusing on those gamblers, especially when compared with those party seekers in this location where they all want to stay?

All that said, would I prefer option B over option A? Absolutely, but if I were the business owner, I'd laugh and shake my head when presented with both options.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.