1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Credit card points for flights?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by gtomew, Jun 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gtomew

gtomew Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Planning on using my credit card points to pay for my
    flight to Vegas and paying for my wifes flight seperatly.
    Any know the ins and out of going through scorecardrewards
    to book your flight? As I am am worried about extra charges
    and getting the same flight as hers.Any input is greatly appreciated.

2. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know what airline you are thinking of booking, and I'm not familiar with "scorecardrewards" ... as we do most of our flying on Southwest, and we use their Rapid Reward points (from several sources).

Anyway, when I (or my wife) has a round-trip reward, or a sufficient number of RR points for a free r/t flight ... here's what we do to keep us together :
    We use a r/t flight credit for TWO "one-way" flights for the two of us together, and then PAY for the other two one-way flights for the two of us.

Not sure how it works on other airline rewards, but it is very easy on SWA.

3. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not familiar with that site. The only time where I used points to pay for a flight they gave me the flight choices before I accepted. I think I knew the airline. I don't think I knew the flight number but it was easy enough for me to go on kayak to find the flight times and compare the actual price.

I wasn't actually booking 2 tickets, I just wanted to make sure I was getting something worth the points I used.

Side note that may not even be an option for the future. I HIGHLY recommend the Capital One Venture card. You just book any travel and pay with the card and then you can apply points to any travel(hotel, car rental, airline).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.