1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Crazy lines at the MLife desk

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by bswim, Jan 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure what other properties are doing but Mandalay Bay had a separate line for myVegas rewards at the MLife desk.

We were there on Dec 29th. We stood in it for a few minutes and looking at how many people were in line and how slow it is to redeem an reward I figured it was going to be a 30-60 minute wait to redeem a couple buffet rewards. Would have saved us money but I didn't go to on vacation to wait in line so off to Dick's we went. I'm sure we had a lot more fun LOL.

I can see why they did this. The normal MLife line was only a couple of people deep at the most.

2. miniwhale

miniwhale Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The other people at the non-myvegas rewards line at the desk, can usually process your myvegas reward. I have had them call me over when there was no one waiting in the other line. Wonder what would happen if you actually went to the regular line.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mlife computer systems are terrible. Everything you do with them takes a long time. I am sure the CEO could save MILLIONS in labor cost if he would fix them.

Then, add in this MyVegas giveaway thing and it gets even more complicated. I would guess there are at least two reasons for a separate line.

1 - Folks that are better trained on the MyVegas stuff.
    2 - Keeping the line shorter for folks that PROBABLY gamble more.

4. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Considering there were 2 people in the MLife line and 30-45 in the myVegas line I'm sure they wouldn't. In fact after I gave up waiting in line I walked up to the other line because I didn't see a seperate line for Noir or Platinum like usual. "Hey, what's with the 2 lines?" "if you have myVegas rewards you need to be in that line"

The whole MLife computer system is FUBAR. It's not the people, they're busy as hell but it doesn't matter what you need to do at the check in desk or the MLife desk it all take forever.

5. imderekpoe

imderekpoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow! We redeemed the Shark Reef reward on the morning of Dec 29th and there was nobody in line. We just walked right up!

6. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Guess it's all about timing, this was about noon or so. We'd just checked into Delano and our room wasn't ready yet so we stopped on our way to Dick's at Excalibur.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.