1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games Crazy 4 Poker vs. 4 Card Poker

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by bdautch, Mar 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bdautch

bdautch High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In Vegas (and maybe elsewhere in Nevada?), the dealer gets five cards, as does the player. In many other jurisdictions, the dealer gets six cards.

My understanding is that dealer getting five cards=Crazy 4 Poker. Dealer getting six cards=4 Card Poker. Is that correct?

Because of this observation, I really only play Crazy 4 Poker. I can't tell you how many times I've lost to that damned sixth card in New Orleans, Atlantic City etc. It's actually enough that I stopped playing 4 Card Poker altogether, and just wait for my Vegas trips to play Crazy 4 Poker instead.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

2. wrxrob

wrxrob High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I recently saw someone playing Four Card Poker in DE, not betting the ante at all, and just playing "Aces Up" and the progressive. I guess that's similar to playing the slots :peace:. Didn't know you could play like that. Usually, I stay away from four card, and haven't seen Crazy4 outside of Vegas.

Here are some links to game strategies if anyone's interested.

http://wizardofodds.com/games/crazy-4-poker/

http://wizardofodds.com/games/four-card-poker/

3. grosx2

grosx2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Correct. There are other differences as well....C4P has an additional bet (super bonus, which must be equal to the ante). The bonus bets are slightly different; queens up for C4P and aces up for 4CP. In C4P the dealer qualifies with king high, in 4CP I believe the dealer automatically qualifies (not 100% sure on this one). Finally, you can only triple down with aces or better in C4P whereas you can triple down whenever you choose in 4CP.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.