1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games Craps Shooters, how do you set the dice?

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by RPMCanes, Jun 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LV_Bound

LV_Bound Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the 3 V but if that isn't working then 6-5.

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I take 'em however the stick pushes em', unless one rolls over while he's pushing.

Pick 'em up with thumb and middle finger, and throw with a backhand flip of the wrist aiming for the far end of the Come box.

I don't mind if people dick around with the dice, anything the shooter does to slow things down is fine with me.

3. Kickin

Kickin Flea

This is exactly what I do and for the exact same reason and with the exact same attitude.

I completely believe in dice control in theory. Whether its practical in the sense of providing any material benefit even if you are skilled enough is a different story. One thing is they don't need to keep all the variables constant, they just need to be able to replicate them more often than random chance would dictate. With enough practice someone can replicate a throw with a better than random element of precision. Just like any so-called "muscle memory" movements. But that takes at least thousands of controlled throws to even stand a chance of happening, and the end effect would likely be minor.

4. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    YO on the come-out (with a parlayed world bet for the big bucks).

Hardways most of the other time unless I'm trying to hit a specific number.

5. tacallian

tacallian Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And it's much more of a reduction of certain dice combinations than it is hitting exactly the numbers you want as I understand it.

6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's no difference between claiming you can MAKE a seven and claiming you can PREVENT a seven.

7. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There absolutely is...even if you had no method at all its easier to "Prevent" a seven then to "make" it.

There are 36 total combinations that two dice can make...6 of which are seven...huge difference between 6 out of 36 and 30 out of 36

8. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree that MAYBE, sometimes, if you don't hit the back wall, you might not roll a seven after setting the dice. How long can that last before you get yelled at for not hitting the wall?

If you hit the wall, it's all BS!:poke:

9. WrongWayWade

WrongWayWade VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The basic concept is that IF you can keep both dice on the same horizontal axis, (the axis parallel to the back wall), you only have 16 combinations instead of 36, regardless if one dice rotates on that axis more often than the other. Only 2 of those 16 combinations would be 7s with the flying V (3s) set (34 and 43). So seven shows only 1/8 of the time instead of 1/6 and you WOULD make money on place bets or the passline if you could do this every time.

The problem in my mind is the ability to control that axis is nearly impossible with grippy felt and sharp cornered dice. Any variation that makes the die land not on a face or perfectly on edge will mean the corner will hit first, destroying this horizontal axis. Throwing the dice 6 feet or so and hitting the pyramids, I just don't believe it's reasonable to say you can 'control' that axis enough times to make it matter.

10. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm familiar with the probabilities.

All of the times I see people allowing for dice control, it always comes down to "well, you really only have to change the outcomes very slightly to have an advantage". And it always comes down to, they're claim they're not trying to make a number, they're just trying to reduce the chances of a seven.

If I stand there and announce "I am now going to NOT roll a seven", and I don't roll a seven, do you really believe I was able to prevent the seven?

And since yes, the probabilities on any particular roll are already 83% that a seven will not be rolled, do you see why people claiming dice control choose to say their method prevents a seven instead of claiming they can MAKE any number?

11. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess your original wording was confusing...

12. theotherone

theotherone Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It all comes down to decreasing house advantage in the long run.

I figure as long as you don't take 30+ seconds to set then what's the harm?

I change up my set depending on the number. On come out I usually set for craps or yo.

13. reg1986

reg1986 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last trip to Vegas, went to the dice coach. After a three hour session he told me to set 5-3 3-5 worked well for the rest of my visit. He also gave me several other tips on strategy to limit my losses it made a huge difference.

14. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have a dice coach? Seriously?

15. 21wins

21wins VIP Whale

I have a dice coach too-it's my wife. She asks me how much I'm up and takes my (profits)chips :)

If I'm down the dice coach just goes back to the pool :)

16. reg1986

reg1986 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes after years of thinking of doing it I went to Beau Parker at Dicecoach.com. There is a lot to learn about craps...even if you don't believe in dice influencing there are many strategies that can make a big difference between winning and losing. Made back my investment first trip to the table. Already booked on my next trip.

17. boxnmn2k3

boxnmn2k3 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I set the flying V...

18. theotherone

theotherone Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome. I hope to try one of these classes someday. I practice some but I know there's a lot more to learn.

19. reg1986

reg1986 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have my 2nd class scheduled for Friday...will report back on success.:drunk::drunk:

20. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im indifferent when it comes to dice setting but there was an old asian guy at the GN who went on 30+ roll heaters everytime hed touch the dice. This was over multiple sessions at the same table. Table would be ice cold and old asian guy comes in for $1000 and boom points galore.

I was mainly playing the dark side until it was his turn to roll and the guy wouldnt disappoint. I know it was probably just a lucky streak but in the heat of the moment, I was a believer of setting dice lol.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.