1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games Craps Shooters, how do you handle....

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by RPMCanes, Jun 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RPMCanes

RPMCanes High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ...another shooter who is hitting a lot of numbers for you, and they pressure you for a tip? I just try to ignore them and if they're really pushy, ask them if they'll cover my losses when they inevitably throw The Number With No Name.

2. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tell them to go f themselves.

3. golfnut

golfnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would never think of asking someone for a tip after a big roll. Just would never do it. But with that said if I help make anybody on here a billionaire on a monster roll, I won't turn down any chocolates thrown my way:thumbsup:

4. RPMCanes

RPMCanes High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly! I would NEVER even consider asking for a tip, just wait to see if they are the generous type and throw me some chips.

5. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have yet to experience or witness it.
    If a shooter is making me some good cash and asked me for a tip I would simply toss $5 down on a hardway.

6. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Sure, I'll tip you when you bring me my drink." :)

7. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never had anyone at the dice tables hit me up for a tip. But if they did then I would probably laugh it off with a "are you kidding me" chuckle with a compliment on their great roll. If they persisted then I'd probably tell them that they could have banked on their great roll by doing the same thing I did...risking more and pressing aggressively.

I have tipped people before though. At one of the local places a lady had a half hour roll where I made about $2500. I gave her two greens.

On my last Vegas trip over SB weekend a lady shooter was nailing numbers and I was close to hitting the ALL prop. She had the 12 left to hit so I put me, her and the dealers on midnight for $10 each. Boom.

8. chonglosaxon

chonglosaxon MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Smoke a dong buddy

9. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Say what?

10. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have given a tip for a hot roller, have gotten a tip for being a shooter that was hot.. Never asked...If I was would probably say NO. I am guessing that the above poster was talking about a slang sexual reference .....

11. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED !địt mẹ!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    aka: smoke pole
    aka: suck a hotdog

Nah, I've never ASKED for a tip...but I've received and given a few too. (the best, was a dude throwing black chips to my wife and I at Sams Town, last Christmas break...he was playing $200 with $4000 odds.

Palace Tower Suite!
  12. POPO2012

POPO2012 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bwaaahaha well said !! Every time I run into one of these D Bags its some kid in his mid twenties who thinks he's Johny Football and has already decided the world owes him something.

13. rolotumasi

rolotumasi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    at the Hardrock a few years ago the night before the Super Bowl I rolled 7 or 11 9 straight times on the come out. A guy gave me $100.00 tip very nice of him. Someone asking me for a tip for a great roll is a different story.

Super Bowl 2017!!!
  14. spicole

spicole Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think chonglosaxon was replying to the original post!

15. spicole

spicole Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  16. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never heard anybody ask for a tip, this must be a new thing? I would also just ignore if somebody did ask.

About 30+ years ago I was playing $5 craps at the Trop and kept making hardways. At the end of my roll, the guy betting the HW, tossed me a black chip and I almost crapped my pants. Never had a tip since.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  17. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol I know the meaning of it I was wondering why he decided to post it

18. natedog666

natedog666 17 and 20 Expert

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That actually happens to me quite a lot. Since I tip so much for the dealers. However, usually before I even respond the pit boss and dealers jump all over him and tell them they can't do that. I think dealers think all tips should belong to them...If people start tipping shooters, it just cuts down on dealer tips since it is a total sum game.

19. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would ignore the shooter. Maybe compliment him on a good roll. If he persists I would tell him he shouldn't play the game. If we loaded up on his shoot and he point/sevens out, is he gonna give us our bets back? Would he say he's sorry?

What a stupid fuck if ever there is one. I've never encountered a shooter who insists we tip him. I've tipped shooters who made me a pile of money, though. But it's at my discretion.

Made me think of one session where I was making the table pretty good money from my shoot. I was concentrating on my rolls but one roll got away from me and didn't hit the back wall. Seven out. I said "I'm sorry..." but several guys immediately said, "Don't ever be sorry at the craps table. We're all grown-ups here. What happens, happens..."

The bottom line is, nobody owes nobody anything at the craps table. It's just the way the game is played. Some days you're hot, some days you just plain suck...

Going to Hawaii's 9th Island!!
    Going to Hawaii's 9th island!!
  20. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If a guy asked me for a tip after he had a good roll?

"You want a tip? Here's a tip for you, next time bet bigger on yourself. You're welcome."

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.