1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Craps Rating Question

Discussion in 'Comps' started by FountainFiend, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FountainFiend

FountainFiend Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all,

I was curious about when I played craps at Aria on my last trip. I was betting 18 on the place 6 and 8 and 15 on the pass (with full odds, which I realize aren't rated). When I started playing I placed the 6 and 8 and waited for a new point to be established before putting a 15 dollar pass (I did not want to put a come bet when I started).

When I was checking my rating the next day at the MLife desk, I was rated at 36/hand for about two hours of play. Wondering if I should have asked before I left the table (doubled my buy-in so I was pretty excited and didn't think to), or if it would matter at all? I am not sure how MLife rates craps, so not sure if 36 is all that different from 51/hand.

Thanks!

2. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They definitely underrated you. Not sure that saying something would have made a huge difference at that level.

3. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had been getting good comps from Aria and I stopped getting them and I called and talked to a Host and she said that they want 4 hours/day at $150 avg bet for craps to get comped rooms.

First Trip 2017
  4. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find that saying something often helps, but I'm usually talking with the dealers and the pit boss over the course of the session. I remember one time at Bellagio I was having a pretty in-depth discussion with the pit boss about bringing in SBE to operate Hyde, which he was really interested in; at the end, I asked him how what he was rating me at, and his response was, "How about this, I'll put you down at a $95 average bet. Does that sound okay?" I don't think I had more than $75 on the table at any given point, and was probably closer to $50 most fo the time. Which is why I always ask at the end, it signals that you're interested in your rating and gives them the opportunity to bump it if they're so inclined.

5. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What kind of comps can you really expect at $50 a hand rating (at Aria, or how about even Wynn)? Discount room rates? Little F&B/FP? I've never even thrown my card down at craps, I play about $50 - $75 a hand and have never thought I'd even get a rating period.

6. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anything at $25+ generally gets rated.

$50-$75 will get discount rooms at Aria.

7. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You probably wouldn't get much at Aria, but you'd get offers from other properties in the group...at least discounts...probably free rooms on weekdays. It never hurts to put down your card.

I think 44inarow had it right...it helps to talk to the boxman as you're playing so he knows that you're there...especially if the table is busy. And if you're playing at the same place on a few consecutive days, pick a table with the guy you already know.

If you're an average bettor, it's easy to get lost at a busy table.

8. FountainFiend

FountainFiend Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all. I'll make sure to talk to the boxman more in the future. I think he wrote down my first bet and didn't pay any attention after that. By the time I left there was a shift change, so the ending boxman (actually a woman, is that still boxman? boxlady? ladybox? wait that's not it....) may not have reviewed it either.

I'm not expecting anything too much from that level of play, but discounted room rates and a bit of F+B in there is always appreciated. I play a decent amount of VP as well, and got an offer for one free night, with some free play/FB, but only on weekdays, so trying to increase it as much as I can. Of course, playing for fun not for comps :).

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.