1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games Craps- Playing the dark side

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by hjimzaf, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hjimzaf

hjimzaf Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know that in order to lay full odds on a 3-4-5 odds table, I have to lay 6x on don't pass/don't come. Is it unwise to lay less than 6x due to not wanting to risk so much?

2. larryg

larryg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not at all! It's merely that, if you want the best odds, you should bet the table minimum on don't pass, and shouldn't make any other bets until you've taken the maximum odds available.

3. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I second that. But admit when playing the dont i might play the dont come.

4. Ben Jammin

Ben Jammin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Playing the don't is exactly the same as playing the pass line in reverse. You do have to lay the odds but you win more often as long as you make the come out roll. Then the odds shift to your favor.

Like on a 10 or 4, it's 2 to 1 in your favor, you're twice as likely to hit a 7 than a 10 or 4.

The don't come will get you up on more numbers as long as the 7 or 11 doesn't rear it's head on that roll. There's no lay odds risk here, only after the point has been established, if you choose to lay the odds up to the table limit. 3x,4x,5x, just double your take odds, or go double odds, whatever. No risk, no reward.

Once you're up on several numbers with layed up odds then when that 7 comes you scrape the whole board. It's quite a rush.

The odds are ever so slightly better on the don't side, and you can hedge your bets with a buck or two on your hard way number, like a hard 10 or 4.

You might have $25 up on a 10, 5 on the DP line and 20 lay odds, a buck on the hard 10 and 4 at 7 to 1 and so on. You can also throw a buck down on snake eyes at 30 to one.

Sure these are bad bets but when they hit it's awesome. 30 to one for a buck? I'll take it!

as always .. Either you're lucky, or you're not!"

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.