1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games craps forums?

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by BigWW, Aug 24, 2016.

1. BigWW

BigWW Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can anyone suggest any "good" craps forums? Its really all I play now when I go to Vegas but just curious to follow along with how others bet. My bankroll is usually 2-4k and I stay at the 10.00 tables and start with the minimums. When a place bet hits I will usually get paid, then press the next one. Lose or win a little this way. Then when the crowd gets sloppy (hands in the way of the dice, last minute best when dice are out, pushing into a crowd to throw 10 dollars on the field when the shooter is in the middle of his throw, etc) I will move over to the 25.00 table and really SWEAT it out.

I make my bankroll last for 72 hours if that helps anyone. Just curious how some of you more experienced players would bet it with that bankroll.

I'm thinking about putting the minimum and max odds on the pass line and 60 on the 6&8 this next trip. Then when the 6 or 8 hit taking it down and putting the minimum across. Your thoughts??

Thanks in advance guys.

2. bedaniels

bedaniels Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think that's a far way to go, I usually place $110 on the inside and press every other hit on that number and ignore the pass line unless I'm shooting. If you wanna get aggressive place $220 on the inside for 2 hits then drop the place bets to $110 on the inside, your up $30 and all other hits are profit and you can press at will.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  3. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Craps forums don't work well here. We always have fights between the good guys(pass line players) and the bad guys(don't pass aka Darkside players):stir::stir:.

First Trip 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wizard of Vegas has had some epic fights over "dice influence" in the past. Too much bickering for me to read those. The true math diehards will never believe you because the sample needed to be beyond "being lucky" is significant, and then after that, you could still fabricate the data to make it sound like it works.

5. BigWW

BigWW Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well shit

6. Golfer

Golfer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't played no four, no ten, hard four and hard ten in a while.

7. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I visited some of the craps forums. Too much fighting and bickering. Not a fun place to be.

Going to Hawaii's 9th Island!!
    Going to Hawaii's 9th island!!
  8. BigWW

BigWW Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I was hoping someone may know a good one. Thanks for the input bedaniels. Biggest fear is 4 or 5 bad shooters in a row and theres half my stack. Maybe I'll try that one day as well.

9. bedaniels

bedaniels Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep gotta have the bankroll and the stomach to survive the p7o but it tends to work especially if there is good energy at the table

10. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, some of the forums get downright nasty. I get that everyone has their "system", everyone has a way they play. But some act as if their way is the only way and somehow their way bucks the math.

11. ebonecapone

ebonecapone Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play the pass w/max odds, 6 and 8 single units, and play the come w/max odds on good rollers. Its an up and down way, but i like to atleast have 2-3 "points".

12. BigWW

BigWW Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree on the forums not what I've looked a few, wow!

13. Klesko

Klesko Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play craps for 8-12 hours a day when in vegas. I try and play by myself when possible or with just 1-3 people at the table but I move around when the table fills up. I bet 78/81 across or with 10/Max on pass line/odds unless the odds are not 3x4x5x, for example the cromwell. I am normally in $150 in per roll counting the $10 firebet. I am basically looking for a big roll playing this way. I lose money on far more rolls then I gain money. However one good roll using a aggressive progressive betting system will win me a lot of money. Playing this way I generally hit 2-3 5k+ wins per trip and those counter my losses and normally leave up some to a lot. I have walked away with a few 20kish wins playing this way.

Main thing with craps is you should have a strategy and stick to it an entire trip. Don't bet on a 10$ if your bankroll cannot handle it.

14. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play craps 12-14 hours a day in Vegas, I try to refrain from commenting but I'm always willing to answer questions in private :)

15. Golfer

Golfer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't understand all the controversy. I've never had an issue with a dark side player. I've never had issues with how others bet. What am I missing here?

16. sparksinmi

sparksinmi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2 words: Dark Side;
    and i do believe in DI - so i try to thow 4, 10 , 7out; why try to throw anything BUT the most common number?

17. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Social factors with that mainly. A lot of people like a group mentality with craps. When you win betting the same side, you can all celebrate. When you lose, you can all commiserate. If everyone bet the dark side, I would happily follow, especially since the dark side is the slightly better bet! But I personally don't want to be the guy that has to mute excitement to avoid pissing other players off.

18. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just curious as to what you may think a Craps specific board will provide that this board can't?
    Lots of sharp folks here with some solid advice and feedback.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Dr Nostron

Dr Nostron Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play same way!! Why do you like empty tables tho?? I love the excitement of a full table

20. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its human nature when there is a situation when one person wins and one loses it turns personal and competitive.

Unlike black jack where it varies. All win, all lose, some win, some lose. If only one person wins at the black jack table and that person cheers people can still be happy for that person.

If a dark side person wins, all the right side people don't like it and vice versa. And if the winner is happy that just pisses the other person off. Its that direct inverse win/loss that does it.
    Think of it like watching a football game against your rival team with a rival fan sitting next to you. You know only one of you can win and the other will lose.

Ok, you get the picture, I bet the horse enough.